As a Front End Engineer at Embark you will be an enabler and force multiplier, focusing on enabling both the games themselves as well as our technical platforms.
At Embark we believe that experts in all fields should be in control of the tools they use. We also know, from experience, that high iteration speeds and continuous improvements are key to achieving the high quality, polished experiences we want to provide our players. Our Continuous Delivery team is instrumental in this process by building tools and infrastructure for our game teams.
We need a Frontend Engineer in this field to help us build efficient and beautiful user experiences and interfaces for our game developers.
You’ll be part of a small and passionate team with an end-to-end mission that is easy to describe, but harder to achieve: Maintain and improve our time-to-market. You’ll collaborate closely with the rest of the game team and studio to understand and eliminate friction in the creative processes.
Example of responsibilities
Work as an enabler by using your expertise in front-end engineering, architecture as well as UIs and UX.
- Build applications using the latest frontend technologies.
- Work with our developers to create clear and efficient user interfaces
- Be part in architecting, designing and building our own reusable component framework together with your team.
- Over time, develop an understanding of the workloads you’re supporting to offer advice on changes in technology and processes that can accelerate us further.
- Collaborate with other game makers in the company to understand where there’s friction, both for our software engineers as well as external users, and to address it.
It would be awesome if you have some of these
- A passion for good UX, accessibility and performance
- Experience building component-based web apps with frameworks such as React, Vue, etc
- Experience with build systems for front-end and bundlers such as Webpack
- Experience using TypeScript or inspiration to learn it
- Worked with test automation as a part of the development cycle
- Comfortable with server side coding and Docker
- Be a great team player with great communication skills
- A passion for interactive experiences, games and new technologies
- Fluency in English
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our " Open Application. (https://www.embark-studios.com/jobs/278181-game-maker-open-application)"