Since selling our first timepiece in 2011, Daniel Wellington has evolved into a global phenomenon that has disrupted an entire industry. We are an exciting, vibrant, and innovative brand that challenges old conventions - continuously striving to enrich our customers' style through timeless pieces.
When you join us, you are joining a brand that values entrepreneurship and inspires growth. Together we can achieve our aim of building the world's leading accessory brand. If you would like to contribute, here's how:
We are now looking for a Global IT Operations Manager with great communication skills and a genuine interest in both people and the latest technology, who can take on the responsibility for our IT Operations department.
As our Global IT Operations Manager, you will inspire, build, and lead the teams working to secure our cloud infrastructure and internal IT solutions. You will be responsible for approx. 12 employees with different competencies located in Sweden. The department is divided into two teams, IT Support and CloudOps along with two dedicated Team Leads. You will also be responsible for the development and delivery of a Service Desk function located in India.
You will need to find a good balance between people, technology, and product. Our tech stack is based on of AWS-services, React, Node, and Gatsby just to name a few of the cutting-edge technologies we use.
In this role you will be reporting to the CIO and be part of the Business Technology Management team, working with other leaders in order to support business needs and requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL BE UP TO
- Lead, manage and grow the IT Operations department and functional areas on a global level
- Create and maintains strategies related to Cloud Infrastructure and XaaS products throughout the enterprise ensuring that it is secure, scalable, and highly available mainly on AWS
- Manage and develop, plan special projects, events, and reports. This role is responsible for carrying all IT infrastructure, IT standards, policies, and procedures as well as best practices documentation in line with compliance and security requirements
- Recruiting, developing, training, coaching, and nurturing the employees reporting to you
- Actively shaping the vision and strategy of your department which is aligned with the other departments within Business Technology and ensure the organization is working towards it
- Define, implement and improve new and existing processes, methods, and tools for your department
- Work closely with multiple software engineering teams to define infrastructure and deployment requirements; recommend, challenge and validate AWS services to meet new product needs
- Collaborate with the Security team on refining and deploying best practices to identify, detect, protect and respond
- Control costs and budgets regarding IT systems and services
- Manage and negotiate vendor contracts and software licenses renewals
- Challenging the Business Technology organization and teams in building and managing a result-oriented fast-paced organization that: embrace, test and evaluate change
- Help your teams to remove organizational impediments they are not able to manage themselves
WHO YOU ARE
To be a good match in the role of IT Operations Manager, we know you recognize yourself in most of these bullets:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and/or experience in a similar role
- Several years of demonstrated leadership experience with a coaching mindset
- Broad experience within IT, with deep knowledge in IT Operations and infrastructure domain
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure, such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Knowledge of services including Active Directory, Microsoft 365, SSO solutions, licensing, MDM tools
- Thrives in organizations with a large portion of freedom
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A holistic approach with detail-focus
- Can-do attitude with a business-driven mindset
- Proactive, improvement-driven, and hands-on
- Fluent in English is a must, Swedish is a plus
- Experience from retail and E-commerce is a plus
THIS IS #LIFEATDW
As a member of the DW team, you are a part of an inclusive and diverse workplace, where we want you to be yourself. You are given the opportunity to make an impact and directly contribute to our success. Along with continuous learning, you will have the chance to work and interact with people from all over the world, and together we create a world-class company. You will spend your days in collaborative and dynamic offices with a highly skilled team, do great work, and have fun while doing so.
Are we ticking your boxes?
ABOUT THE PROCESS
This process will house personality tests as a first step, and case assignment at a later stage, to help us break human biases as we believe in giving everyone an equal opportunity. Do your best and hope to see you in the process!