OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Build a long-term career with global knowledge and opportunities!
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
An opportunity exists for a Senior Director position as the Head of the Analytical Science Unit for oral product development (OPD) within AstraZeneca's late-stage development CMC function.
As Head of Analytical Science for OPD, you'll be accountable for the performance and results across a number of teams working to design and develop robust analytical methods for our exciting portfolio of molecules intended for oral administration, with a strategic focus on predictive design and automation, to meet needs on accelerating the development to launch of new innovative medicines to patients.
What you'll do
You will provide both strategic and operational leadership to the Analytical Science Unit in OPD comprising of skills in a range of advanced analytical sciences to ensure that the unit contributes optimally to the delivery of the AstraZeneca late-stage development portfolio.
With previous leadership experience, you'll lead a unit of approximately 55 people via 7 Associate Directors/Directors either locally or globally. This will include coaching direct reports for enhanced performance and focusing on team and individual development on an ongoing basis.
You will develop and implement future focused, innovative and digitally orientated approaches to analytical methods design and development. This will include enhanced control strategies, data science, predictive modelling & simulation, artificial intelligence and automation of laboratory work.
We'll expect you to create and sustain an impactful Analytical Sciences Unit, which aims to continuously improve in capability, scientific excellence and innovation with a strong focus on molecules for oral administration. Through role modelling lean leadership, you will lead the implementation of new practices that enable the group to achieve flexibility, agility, efficiency and delivery.
You'll build solutions to a diverse range of problems requiring complex judgements based on highly developed levels of conceptual thought and strategic vision analysis. We'll need you to operate confidently as part of a global organisation with an integrating approach to create an organisation prepared for future challenges and change.
* Advanced degree in scientific field or Bachelor's degree with significant experience in developing and establishing analytical methods intended for oral products, ideally with a PhD in analytical science.
* Mastery of Pharmaceutical Science
* Leadership experience promoting, motivating and empowering a diverse and inclusive culture to support accomplishment of individual, team and organisational goals
* Significant understanding of the overall drug development and commercialisation process from development and launch, through life cycle management, including demonstrated regulatory experience
* Significant understanding and experience of operating under cGMP quality requirements.
* A natural communicator with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to network across a complex, multi-national drug development organization
* Lean leadership experience
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what's next:
We welcome your application no later than 11th June, 2023.
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget