OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Active Safety, Hardware Design Engineer - Supportive Safety
At Research and Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers from around the world, you will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in development of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Then Research and Development may be the place for you.
The Safety Electronics department has been one of the fastest growing parts of Volvo Car Group over the last decade due to rapid development of Active Safety systems and functionality. By continuously launching innovative and world first active safety features Volvo Cars has positioned itself among the leaders in the automotive industry and now the work towards achieving our vision that by 2020 no one should be killed or seriously injured in a new Volvo continues. Safety Electronics consists of approximately 80 employees organized into four sections: Preventive Safety, Protective Safety, Supportive Safety and Sensor Fusion. Within the department we develop systems such as Collision Avoidance, Autonomous Drive, Full Automatic Parking, Driver Support and Protective Safety. To do this we use sensors such as Radars, Lidars, Ultrasonics, Cameras and Accelerometers. Through Sensor Fusion, these sensors can be combined to create an awareness of the vehicle surroundings that can be used by a number of different Driver Assistance and Safety Functions to support the driver. We are involved in all aspects of the product development process, from early research and advanced engineering projects to industrialization of the systems in accordance with Volvo Product Development System, VPDS.
Supportive Safety is now recruiting a HW Design Engineer to join our Park Assist Camera (PAC) team. As a HW design engineer your responsibility is to develop the cross functional HW requirements for the system. To ensure that all components are packaged into the surrounding environment (virtual and physical) and to perform quality assurance activities (FMEA, HW design reviews) in order to deliver a robust system design. Daily work is performed as part of a small team of engineers but includes many interfaces both internal to, and outside, Volvo Car Group. At Volvo Car Group the opportunities for personal development are excellent as R&D have development centres in Sweden and China as well as a number of ongoing research projects.
* Develop cross functional HW requirements for all system components in the DPR specification
* Lead reviews of HW-SOW requirements together with suppliers and internal stakeholders
* Define requirements for packaging of all system components to a team of CAD engineers
* Review and release models and drawings in TCe
* Develop and plan the need for HW related analysis and verification (AVB)
* Update Load Database (LdB)
* M.Sc. degree in engineering or equivalent
* 4-7 years' experience from automotive industry
* Excellent English skills, verbal and written
* Driver's license
* Meritorious would be the following:
* Experience from electrical or mechanical HW design
* Experience of requirements management
* Experience from Volvo tools (Elektra, TCr, System Weaver)
* Knowledge of Volvo base tech concepts (electrical performance, EMC)
* Knowledge of Volvo's HW-SOW requirements and Volvo Standards (VCS)
* Knowledge of Volvo Production Development Process (VPDS)
* The desire and ambition to work within active safety and advanced supportive systems
* Self-motivated and deliver on time, on target and with quality
* Very good communication skills
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". And we believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Professionals. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Nadja Bergman at +46 729 889828 or by e-mail [email protected]
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below as soon as possible but no later than the 27th of August, 2015.