Northvolt has an exciting job offer for an Inspection Engineer to join our passionate team in Skellefteå.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
The Inspection Engineer will be in charge of developing and optimizing the maintenance for the factory in terms of reliability, cost and safety. The unit will primarily support the manufacturing team to create a safe an well functioning factory in production.
In general you have a long experience in the field and have been driving large, innovative and challenging mainenance projects with high demands on safety and quality.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and operate supervision and control of pressurized devices, pipelines and lifting devices.
- To carry out and develop risk assessments and develop continuous inspections.
- Introduction of risk-based inspection, follow up measures after control / supervision and conduct improvement work.
- Organize with 3rd party agencies for controls, repairs and changes in process.
- Establish lifetime journals.
- Together with the rest of the team, act as a key player to develop and maintain a safe work environment.
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The Inspection Engineer is a vital member of the Maintenance team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
- Bachelor’s degree engineering or any related fields
- Elementary computer literacy (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Previous experience in maintenance or production, minimum 2 years.
- Fluency in English
- Valuable (but not required) if fluency in other languages, including Swedish
- Knowledge about AFS 2017:3
- Good technical knowledge about mechanical, automation, hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Proven skills in working with continuous improvements in industrial environment.
- Hot work certificate
Personal success factors
- Communicative and “likeable” personality
- Highly organized and result driven
- Service-minded and determined to create a great working environment
- Strong understanding of cultural fit and its implications
- Negotiation skills
- Shows grit and determination
- Has a can do-attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.