We are looking for a lead artist to join the Second Extinction team in our Malmö studio. Second Extinction is the latest release from Systemic Reaction earning itself a spot on Steam top releases list in October 2020.
Your aim will be to carry forth the artistic vision of the game from Early Access into launch and beyond. The lead role combines elements of team & task management as well as art direction.
You will be the team leader that mentors and provides constructive feedback to a wide range of artists. The art team is made up of multiple different art specialists that will all fall under your guidance. You will be giving them feedback, whilst also planning, prioritizing and reviewing. As the Lead Artist you will collaborate with the Game Director and the other discipline Leads to drive the project forward and you report to the Lead Producer. You will be ultimately responsible for all art that enters the game.
This is a rare opportunity for the candidate to join an existing but still relatively new team whilst having the chance to make a huge impact on the game whilst it is still in Early Access. You will play an instrumental and leading role in a small but strong team, making high quality game experiences. If you are a person who likes being challenged and stimulated in an ambitious and talented environment this position will suit you perfectly!
- 5+ years as an 3D Artist, including production work on at least two shipped console or PC games
- Experience working as a mentor, manager, lead or similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including artistic feedback
- Excellent skills in Maya, Photoshop, Z-brush or equivalent
- Ability to understand and interpret an artistic vision and maintain that both in your own and other people’s work
- Ability to provide visual and written briefs for artists
- A skilled artist with an impressive portfolio
- Experience working on an FPS, multiplayer or open world title
- Knowledge of gaming field trends and gaming design requirements and limitations
- Broad range of experience or knowledge on a wide range of art specialisms and styles
- Ability to create a range of high and low poly objects such as props, buildings and organic objects(rocks, trees, etc)
- A good understanding of lighting, VFX/particle systems, renders passes, and compositing
- Understand game design practice particularly mission and levels, game experience and an active player
- Knowledge and understanding of anatomy - with an eye for accurate proportions, form, and details
- Knowledge and understanding of various natural and urban landscapes - with an eye for accurate proportions, form, composition, and details.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume, link to a portfolio and cover letter. A portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Malmö office.
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget