At Matsmart, we challenge the thought of sustainable consumption. We want everyone to be able to contribute to saving our planet in an effortless way, and we believe revolutionizing how we all look upon food waste is a good place to start. At Matsmart, we are taking care of already produced surplus goods and selling it online at affordable prices to customers who want to buy perfectly good food that otherwise would have gone to waste.
Join our revolution!” 🌎
Do you have a passion for consumer law, compliance, and data privacy? Also interested in saving the planet? Look no further, we are a perfect match!
As a Legal counsel at Matsmart-Motatos you’ll focus on driving and developing our compliance and data privacy across existing and upcoming markets. You’ll also have a commercial focus on Germany, which is soon becoming our largest market.
You’ll join an engaged and competent team, acting as the main legal stakeholder in all matters regarding compliance and data privacy across markets and throughout the organization. You’ll also hold the legal commercial responsibility for the German market. You’ll report to the Head of Legal and have a strong influence on the role and the company’s development while working closely with legal, tech and our German team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Owning all compliance-related matters across existing and upcoming markets. This includes e.g., data privacy, GDPR, food safety and consumer legislation.
- Coordinating and communicating with external firms, channel their advice into and throughout the organization.
- Driving and collaborating with the existing legal function in projects, agreement drafting and negotiations.
- Holding the commercial legal responsibility for Germany.
- You have a European law degree (or equivalent), preferably from Sweden, Germany, or the UK. A master’s degree in business and commercial law (sw: Affärsjuridisk masterexamen) is also accepted.
- You have at least 3 years of work experience from a law firm or consultant agency where you have been working with compliance, data privacy, consumer legislation and/or food safety. You could also have previous experience from a similar position, preferably at a company operating in Sweden, Germany, or the UK.
- You have excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- You are meticulous with an eye for quality.
- You have excellent risk assessment and are comfortable balancing off risks with commercial interests.
It’s a plus if you:
- Have written and verbal communication skills in additional languages. German is a big plus.
- Have previous experience from advising or working within a company that operates in more than one market.
- Have previous experience from working with food safety.
What we offer:
- We like to explore, and we are not afraid to try new things. Our culture is important for us, and we value that our employees feel that they learn new things, have fun at work and that it is a variation in their work tasks.
- We offer you a social and energized workplace where your creativity and ideas are more than welcome and appreciated.
- Freedom with responsibility.
- You will be a part of our journey and together with our customers contribute to saving our planet in an effortless way.
Start date: As soon as possible
Work extent: Full time, permanent position with a six-month probationary period
Location: Södermalm, Stockholm