OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
RWE is facing an exciting future and has clear expansion plans.
Expansion plans that naturally lead us to recruit new staff for the future.
We are therefore looking for a Legal Counsel for Real Estate & Regulatory Law to Malmö.
We are about 100 employees in Sweden with headquarters in Malmö. We are part of an energy group with high ambitions for renewable energy, and we are in the starting blocks of our journey together with approximately 3,500 colleagues who work with renewable energy in Europe, North and South America, Asia and the Pacific. In other words, there are good opportunities to develop further within the organization. In your role, you have great freedom to set up your work yourself in the way that suits you. Our culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, openness and commitment.
RWE Renewables Legal Team provides support all activities of the RWE Renewables business
in all technologies worldwide. The Team provides key legal support to projects over their entire lifetime from development over construction to operation and finally decommissioning and disassembly. Beside drafting and negotiating of contracts, supporting the claim management is one of our core competencies as well as leading disputes in court or arbitral proceedings.
We see ourselves as trusted partner empowering & protecting people, projects & profit, an enabling function knowing the business' needs, considering the best practice, various technologies, jurisdictions and market practices.
As a Legal Counsel within the Renewables Legal - Real Estate & Regulatory Law Team you will be acting as one of the key legal advisors handling all legal matters relating to RWE Renewables' energy projects in Sweden and other Nordics countries.
We are looking for an experienced, strongly motivated and self-confident legal counsel capable of working across the international RWE Renewables' business, alongside other members of the RWE Renewables Legal Team and engage with other support functions to deliver a holistic and streamlined service to the business of RWE Renewables in Sweden and other Nordics countries.
Your main tasks will be:
* Provide legal support to our business operations in the area of renewable energy production, with a focus on delivering commercial and solution-oriented regulatory and real estate advice across a mix of project-related, transactional and contractual work relevant to development, construction and operation of renewable assets
* Advice the business on real estate and property contracts, including development of drafts and negotiation of related documentation
* Advice the business on corporate legal matters, including drafting and issuing legal opinions on permitting procedure issues, planning and environmental law topics
* Provide legal advice in the phase of acquisition and/or divestment of projects, including performance of due diligence in the areas of expertise
* Provide support (including liaising with external counsel) in related dispute resolution situations
* Drive standardization of processes and templates
* Develop non-standard, customized solutions when needed to address complex project challenges
* Manage organizational or coordination tasks incl. management of all processes related to the Team areas of responsibility and process optimization and improvement initiatives
* Manage permitting activities including relationships with authorities and stakeholders and development of drafts and templates of related applications, notices, enquiries and communications with authorities and stakeholders, contracts and agreements
* Establish and nurture effective cross-functional and cross-cultural working relationships with legal but also business colleagues in the regions of interest and the wider Group
Your powerful skills
In addition to a successfully completed degree in Swedish law with distinction, you have gained more than 5 years of professional experience from working in a primary law firm and/or company , preferably in the Energy Area and the Renewables Energy Sector.
You have outstanding commercial, technical and strategic understanding as well as:
* Flexibility and ability to work professionally and accurately under pressure
* Proven organizational, analytical and standardization skills
* Good understanding of front-to-end processes and passion for continuous improvement
* Personal drive, willingness to take initiative and high level of commitment and engagement, enjoy working in an international team including travel
* Excellent clear communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective cross-functional working relationships, customer centrism, consulting skills and service- solution-oriented mindset
* You are fluent in speech and writing in Swedish and since much of the work will also take place in English, you speak and write fluently in English, capability of working in a further EU-language is beneficial.
Everyone is equally different and everyone is welcome at RWE! At RWE, we work actively for increased diversity and gender equality, because we know that it produces good results. That is why YOU are interesting to us.
We handle applications on an ongoing basis, however, apply for the role no later than June 20th.
In this role, we want you to apply directly in RWE's system, you do this by clicking HERE!
For questions about the role, please contact the recruiting manager:
Alessandra Costantini, email@example.com
Contact with the union:
Unionen, Marius Chard Uscilo, +46 706289094