OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
The Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL), situated in Grenoble, France, and founded by France, Germany and the United Kingdom, is Europe's leading research facility for fundamental research using neutrons and operates the brightest neutron source in the world. The ILL's Reactor Division, whose role is to produce the neutrons needed to supply the ILL's scientific instruments, is responsible for operating all the technical installations associated with the reactor. It currently has a vacancy for a:
Mechanical and Nuclear Maintenance Engineer
Reporting to the Head of the 'Reactor Block, Fuel & Sources' group, which is part of the ILL's Mechanical Engineering Service, you will assist with the drafting of procedures, the planning of maintenance work and the monitoring of maintenance projects. After a period of training, aimed at familiarising you with our facility and our Integrated Management System (IMS), you will independently supervise the work carried out by the maintenance teams.
Your main duties will be to:
-Draft maintenance and periodic testing procedures (using existing templates) in collaboration with the group's technicians
-Plan and monitor maintenance operations and periodic tests in collaboration with the maintenance teams
-Update the information on maintenance operations and periodic tests in the ILL's in-house CMMS software
-Propose solutions for the creation, refurbishment and/or replacement of equipment (maintenance tools, integration of new equipment)
- Produce design specifications and monitor the carrying out of studies
- Produce specifications for the procurement and assembly of new equipment and tools
- Take part in the organisation of calls for tender and supplier selection
- Monitor manufacturing stages (procurement, machining, inspection, gap analysis, etc.)
- Monitor the on-site assembly of equipment and tools and perform final acceptance tests
- Update the internal regulatory documents relating to the reactor.
In this post, you must be able to assume a high level of autonomy quickly.
Qualifications and experience:
- Level 7 qualification (Master's degree or equivalent) in industrial maintenance (if possible nuclear maintenance) or mechanical design, together with at least 5 years' professional experience
- Experience in equipment maintenance in the nuclear sector (nuclear quality assurance)
- Knowledge of mechanical design (structures, SKID, etc.)
- Knowledge of design and construction codes of the type RCC-MRx (or RCC-M) for mechanical components for reactors
- Knowledge of physical measurements and instrumentation
- Excellent writing skills (procedures, technical specifications, etc.)
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and will be required to work with the maintenance teams as well as with other parties (workshop staff, suppliers, inspection bodies during phases conducted on the maintenance site).
As an international research centre, we are particularly keen to ensure that we also attract applicants from outside France. Sound knowledge of both English and French is required. Knowledge of German would be an advantage.
This post is a permanent position.
Medical fitness for work under ionising radiation is required.
Post based in GRENOBLE, France, and subject to administrative screening.
Benefits: Generous company benefits (expatriation allowance), relocation assistance and language courses may be offered (for more information, please consult our employment conditions).
How to apply:
Please submit your application on line, no later than 29/11/2020, via our website: www.ill.eu/careers (vacancy reference: 20/54).