Alfa Laval Business Unit Brazed & Fusion Bonded Heat Exchangers is looking for a
Mechanical Specialist with Regulatory know-how
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
As a member of our team, you thrive in a truly diverse workplace based on empowerment. You are here to make a difference. Constantly building bridges to the future with sustainable solutions that have an impact on our planet’s most urgent problems. Making the world a better place. Every day.
About the job
We offer an interesting job opportunity within Business Unit Brazed & Fusion Bonded Heat Exchangers for you who enjoy working with New Technology and Key Customers in a global market. You will be based in the Thermal & Plate Design team in Lund belonging to our Research & Development organization.
In this role you will work mainly within the area of new emerging energy technologies such as energy storage and other Clean Tech solutions in close cooperation with Development Engineers and Specialists. You will also provide support in product development projects within mature technology areas.
* Take lead on strategy and road map for authority approvals of our new products within the new emerging energy technology area
* Keep up to date on relevant norms and regulations
* Dialogue with notifying bodies
* Lead implementation of new approval processes
* Operative approval activities for new products
* Participate in development projects as part of a cross-functional project team where you will support with mechanical analysis and regulatory knowledge.
You will work in close cooperation with other Mechanical Specialists, Design Engineers, Application and Thermal Specialists as well as Process Development Engineers.
What’s in it for you?
We can offer you a challenging and unique role in an international, open and friendly work environment. We focus on performance and support personal and professional development through well-established people development processes and opportunities.
Who are you?
You are a Senior Engineer with a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Engineering Materials or similar.
We believe that you,
* Have a background in Research & Development within the area of applied materials technology and/or structural analysis.
* Have a solid material knowledge, preferably specialized in metallic materials for high temperature applications.
* Are well oriented within the area of European and global norms and regulations with knowledge within the Pressure Vessel area.
* Are well familiar with technical simulations using CAE software. 3D CAD knowledge is not necessary but will be appreciated.
To succeed in this role, we see that you are highly self-going, analytical and structured and you have the confidence to dispute and propose in order to find ways forward within new emerging technology areas.
Since you will work with colleagues and customers in an international environment, you should be fluent in written and spoken English.
For more information, please contact
Tobias Hörte, Development Manager, +46 709 36 67 44
Lotten Pettersson, Talent Acquisition, +46 730 45 81 29
Johan Ranhög, Akademikerna, +46 46 2891664
Stefan Sandell, Ledarna, +46 46 367364
Bror Garcia Lantz, Unionen, +46 709 366985
Read more about our offerings: Alfa Laval - Sustainable solutions
We are looking forward to hearing from you no later than August 28th 2021. The selection process will take place after the last day of application. Please note, applications sent directly via email will be disregarded without notice.