OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
The West Atlantic Group is one of the markets leading providers of dedicated airfreight service to European National Mail Organisations and airfreight capacity to Global Integrators and freight forwarders.
The Group has a well-established geographic network and operate a customised aircraft fleet of 40 aircrafts, which includes the British Aerospace ATP, Bombardier CRJ 200 PF, Boeing 737-300 / 400/ 800.
West Atlantic was founded in 1962 and its headquartered in office buildings at Malmö Airport, Sweden. Operation are performed all over Europe with a staff around 500 employees. West Atlantic holds two Air Operating Certificates, one in UK and one in Sweden, which together operate over 24,000 flights serving more than 50 destinations. Focus is on safe operations, high reliability, and customer service.
Would you like a challenging and interesting job with lots of variety?
West Atlantic Sweden is looking for a new NP FO.
Our operation involves three aircraft types, Bae ATP, CRJ-200 and Boeing 737.
You will lead and develop the Flight Operation team for West Atlantic Sweden together with a dedicated team of Chief Pilots and administrative crew, including crew planning.
The NP FO is subject to approval by the Swedish CAA and reports to the Accountable Manager of the Company.
The NP FO has the full directive authority in flight operational matters.
The Nominated Person Flight Operations has to maintain authority in all flight safety and operational matters by;
• Conducting a minimum of 25 flights a year; including training and checking to stay informed of pilot’s attitudes and standards.
• Leading the Flight Operations Department while coordinating with other Nominated Persons, subcontractors, relevant authorities etc.
• Prepare the departmental budget and activity plans and supervise its outcome.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of all applicable regulations and limitations.
• Ensuring that all personnel are fully qualified and authorized for their assigned duties.
• Monitor that necessary equipment and sufficient resources are allocated for all flights to be carried out safely, appropriately, effectively and to the satisfaction of the customer.
• Maintain and develop relevant manuals and issue instructions to ascertain that company procedures and standards are in accordance with the requirements set by the applicable regulations.
• Ensuring that internal control, quality assurance and supervision of adherence to company procedures is integrated in all activities within the department.
• Liaise with the SCAA and other relevant authorities and organisations and when appropriate take part in organised seminars and meetings.
• Very familiar with the structure and contents of applicable EASA regulations.
• Experienced leader with documented leadership skills.
• Problem solving and planning skills, operational, tactical and strategic.
• Good administrative skills.
• Demonstrate high safety awareness.
• Have an ATPL license.
• High general aircraft technical and operational knowledge. Documented knowledge and skills in Microsoft 360.
• Are fluent in English both oral and written and at least one of the Scandinavian languages.
• Preferably a minimum of 500hrs on any aircraft type operated by WAS.
As a person you:
• Demonstrate strong customer focus
• Have proven ability to work under pressure
• Possess good interpersonal skills
• Are an excellent team-worker
• Are a great communicator
• Have social competence
• Are analytical.
• Are open to and able to find creative solutions.
You have a driving licence and access to a car.
If you would like to make a difference for West Atlantic and have a suitable toolbox for the job, please apply via our website with CV and cover letter as soon as possible. Deadline 2021-10-24
We will screen applications on an on-going basis, and this ad might therefore close ahead of the deadline.
If you need further information before submitting your application, please contact Alexandra.firstname.lastname@example.org (We do not accept CV via email).