PhD-student materials technology, textile

Arbetsbeskrivning

The University of Borås
The Swedish School of Textiles has a vacancy for:

A PhD-student in textile materials technology, with a focus on textile sensors for medical applications

Reg no: PA 2014/96

The Swedish School of Textiles at the University of Borås supplies the textile and fashion sector with competent personnel and carries out extensive research, which primarily is centred around the programmes Smart Textiles, which specialises in technology, design and innovation, and F:3 (Fashion, Function, Futures), the purpose of which is to develop the textile value chain with a focus on the fashion sector. The present position is relevant for the Smart Textiles programme, which is an important part of the future of the University and aims to create a platform for an international leading centre for the development, design and specialised production of the next generation of textile products.

In a new 5-year project the School of Textiles will collaborate with Sahlgrenska Akademin, Swerea IVF and Acreo Swedish ICT to carry out research on textile sensors towards an improved care-situation for persons suffering from Parkinson?s disease, epilepsy or stroke. The present position focuses on the research and development of textile sensors for medical applications; specifically conductive sensors for registering electrophysiological signals, electroactive sensors that measure movements or optical sensors for pulse oximetry. An important challenge will be the manufacturing of said sensors using industrial textile manufacturing processes, with maintained functionality and comfort.

The successful candidate is a person who is self-going in the lab as well as in the library, responsible and eager to learn, with good collaborative and communicative skills. The candidate should have a master's degree in textile engineering, materials engineering, chemistry or similar. They should also be able to demonstrate very good knowledge of English, both orally and in writing.

Doctoral students are appointed under Chapter 5 of the Higher Education Ordinance. The study period will correspond to a maximum of four years of full-time studies. The initial period of employment lasts one year and is typically renewed one year at a time. Normally, 80 per cent of the time of the position is reserved for research and research studies within the doctoral programme at the department. The remaining 20 per cent of the time includes teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels in relevant courses, supervision of theses, and relevant administrative work. In this manner, the doctoral studentship is extended to a total of five years.

Questions regarding the position are answered by professor Vincent Nierstrasz +46 (0)734-611 999 or Dr Anja Lund +46 (0)33-435 4453 or +46 (0)704-564621. To reach Union representatives Carina Théen (Saco-S), Mikael Gunnarsson (ST) and Susanne Björkdahl Ordell (Lärarförbundet), please call the University's switchboard at +46(0)33-435 40 00.

The application, marked with registration number, is to include a witnessed list of qualifications, copies of certificates, and other qualifications the applicant wishes for the employer to consider. To help track statements, the University has developed a Portfolio of Qualifications, which is available on the website under Job vacancies. Two copies of the application documents including references must be available to the University on the June 9th 2014. Please find the address below.

Sammanfattning

  • Arbetsplats: Högskolan i Borås
  • 1 plats
  • 6 månader eller längre
  • Heltid
  • Full-time, fixed-term (5 years), start date August 18th.
  • Publicerat: 9 maj 2014

Liknande jobb


17 november 2021

Postdoktor i modellbaserad utveckling

Postdoktor i modellbaserad utveckling

17 november 2021

17 november 2021

17 november 2021