Video games, Influencer Marketing, Twitch and YouTube Gaming - is that something you are passionate about?
At Wehype we execute effective, authentic, and engaging large-scale marketing campaigns centered around the most influential gaming creators in the world. We are a team fuelled by a passion for gaming and our clients range from video game publishers and developers to agencies and other businesses.
We are now looking for a PR & Event Manager to help drive the storytelling of our company and services and to connect Wehype with clients, creators, and gamers all over the world through local and global PR and event activations. Do you love to shape stories that inform and excite? Join us on our journey as a key player in a passionate, quickly growing team as we continue to scale and grow our business.
As part of the Brand and Communications team you will nurture strong media and industry relations and use your storytelling skills and great understanding of our product offerings to develop and execute effective communication and media relations programs. You will also work alongside our social media and community counterparts for creation of integrated communication plans.
What you will do
- Write and produce engaging materials incl. press releases, newsletters, and blogs
- Guide copy for external facing sales material and client pitches
- Coordinate public relations activities, leverage existing media relationships, and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate PR results
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting our clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Develop and implement organizational publicity strategies for company events
- Work with CEO for opportunities to engage in panels, interviews, podcasts, etc.
Who you are
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or a related discipline
- 3+ years working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Event planning experience
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible, and accurate with an attention to detail
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
Perks & benefits
- Premium work gear to get the job done
- Gaming stations at work
- Wellness grant to cover your gym/training costs