Do sustainable stainless steel, coaching leadership, and safety excite you?
We at Outokumpu in Avesta are looking for a leader for our Cold rolling unit at Avesta who can develop the organization in accordance with our vision, strategy, and ways of working. If you are a driven, analytical, engaged with the people you work with, and thrive in a dynamic environment – We welcome you to apply today!
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a group of 12 operators in the production of our stainless steel within the Cold rolling unit. It is an interesting role that will put you in touch with everything from highly safe steel production and team development to continuous improvement activities and strategy work. You will be challenged to balance the daily operative tasks with long-term goal achievement and to contribute towards the evolvement of our daily business operation.
· Manage daily operations and ensure the right skills’ level within the area
· Develop, set, and follow up on departmental goals and on our organizational ways of working
· Initiate improvements within your own area
· Track and follow up on performance and ensure the area’s KPI’s are fulfilled
· Coach and develop your team to reach set goals
· Act responsible for the Health & Safety according to the delegation
· Act responsible for budget and people
· Take responsibility for the coordination within the production area
· Participate as an active member of the leading team of KBR
· Power of authority to sign costs at agreed limits, ensure right manning within the area, take care of maintenance within agreed budgets
We are looking for an individual who is a well-organized leader with a deep interest in people and the steel industry. We would like to see an experienced team builder who collaborates well with and inspire others to achieve the best possible results. You are a good listener able to analyze challenges, apply practical approach and find solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering within material or machine science AND/OR relevant work experience in metallurgy, material technology or similar
· Leadership skills from recent managerial roles is a must
· Experience in maintenance is a must
· Fluency both in Swedish and English (written & verbal)
· Legal right to live and work in Sweden
· Experience in the steel or heavy manufacturing industry is meriting
Application and questions
If this role has awakened your interest and aligns with your background and ambitions, please submit your application and CV in English before the 18th of October via our career platform SuccessFactors. The position might be filled before the final-application date, so don’t hesitate to apply earlier!
For more information about the role, please contact Fredrik Ostberg, General Manager Avesta Works KBR via e-mail Fredrik.Ostberg@outokumpu.com.
For information regarding your application, you can contact Egle Katinaite-Griskeviciene, Recruiter, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Union representative: Patrik Sundell (Unionen), Patrik Norberg (Ledarna), Kalle Sahlin (IF Metall), Gunnar Lindstrand (SI), all reachable via 0226-810 00.