Plan, direct, and monitor all production activities within the process area to maximize the use of the organization’s resources and meet established production specifications and schedules; safety, quality, deliveries and efficiency, cost, people.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop and implement strategy, tactics and policy deployment for the process block area based on the NV Ett strategy.
· Develop and/or implement manufacturing procedures and allocate labor and capital resources to maximize productivity and yield.
· Analyze production and malfunction records to identify problems and recommend solutions (for example changes to procedures, workflow, or equipment) that will improve performance.
· Liaise with functional or operational area managers (for example in planning, logistics, maintenance, technology, quality) and together understand current and future needs and develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing manufacturing activities.
· Together with maintenance plan, prioritize, and manage production line maintenance or downtimes to minimize disruptions to manufacturing schedules.
· Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of Shift managers who are responsible for various production activities such as, machine operation, processing, assembly or packaging.
· Has full managerial responsibility for multiple shift teams. Work is normally carried out in an indirect manner (as 'grandparent') and by setting organizational targets.
· Be part of developing new methods, tools and processes. Responsible for implementation in own area and sharing of best practices.
· Ensure adherence to Northvolt Code of Conduct, applicable legislation and established policies and guidelines within area of responsibility.
· Budget responsibility Y
· Direct reports: Y
· Authorized to negotiate with unions
· Authorized to decide on investments according to role and policy.
· Bachelor of science in mechanical/industrial engineering
· Proven Leadership in manufacturing Organizations
· Experience in the modern Operations Management principles: Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma,
· Documented leadership training
· Fluent in English
Personal success factors
· Visionary, need to be able to paint the picture of the near and far away future
· Challenges, in a bold way, current behaviors and ways of working
· Close to employees, follow up, encourage, very good in feed forward and feedback
· Very good in empowering people to make people act
· Role modelling, being the safe and healthy role model
· Create team spirit, sense of belonging and relatedness in the team
· The ability to communicate to a multidisciplinary, as well as multinational, workforce is essential.
· Strong verbal, written communication skills
· Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.