Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Package Engineer to join our passionate team in Skellefteå.
In joining us you will be an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Together we will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
The Project Engineers for the utility packages will be responsible for ensuring that each assigned package (compressed air, gases, steam or waste water) is delivered in accordance with the agreed technical specifications and schedule to support the successful startup of the Northvolt Ett facility.
You have therefore a genuine experience and a deep understanding of working with at least one of the areas (compressed air, gases, steam or waste water) as well as the coordination with other functions and external parties. Hence, it is very important that you also have excellent communication skills.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop the specifications and scope of work(s) necessary to provide a fully integrated production and distribution system for the given utility service, and review and evaluate technical submissions prior to award
- Monitor and support the relevant discipline design and installation activities via the discipline design managers and construction block managers
- Manage the technical interface with equipment suppliers and integration of vendor information into the overall utility system design
- Work with the design and interface coordination managers to coordinate and integrate the multi-discipline design and installation activities related to the utility systems
- Arrange multi-discipline design reviews, risk assessments, and appropriate attendance at acceptance tests
- Facilitate multi-discipline review and approval of documentation, assimilating comments where applicable
- Expedite vendor equipment packages as required
- Assist with the development of project plans and status reports
- Liaise with on-site installation and quality representatives to ensure that the installation is in accordance with agreed schedule and inspection and testing plans
- Provide support to the commissioning team
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The Project Engineer - Utility Packages is a vital member of the construction team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
- A degree in Engineering or other relevant University Degree
- Fluency in both English and Swedish
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience as project manager or engineer in relevant field
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience working in projects integrating both indoor and outdoor industrial processes
- Experience in supporting other project functions with input, including estimating, scheduling, HSE risk assessments, and constructability reviews
- Previous experience with large scale projects is strongly desirable but not essential
- Familiarity with Swedish and European laws and standards is strongly desirable but not essential
- Ability to work as part of a team yet with the initiative and capacity to complete tasks independently as required
- Excellent communication skills as the role requires constant interaction with team members and external parties such as contractors, vendors, authorities and auditors
- High work ethic, multi-tasker, strong analytical ability and attention to details, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, friendly, motivated to take on new challenges, has grit and a sense of humor
- Passionate & purpose driven - we work for a more sustainable future
- Highly organized and result driven
- Can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.