OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
Are you passionate about purchasing and enjoy working in a cross-functional, dynamic and international environment? Would you like to be part of a skilled and diverse team that loves problem-solving? If the answer to these questions is yes - I encourage you to apply for this position to get the chance to join us at Project Purchasing Electronics.
As a Project Purchaser, or as we call it at Scania Project Sourcing Manager, you will be working closely together with our suppliers, R&D and many other internal functions to reach common goals in product development projects. Your purchase responsibility includes cable harness components, such as connectors, terminals, junction blocks, fuse boxes, special cables, etc. In your daily work you will
• scout new suppliers that have the right level of technology, quality, delivery and cost with a focus on sustainability
• work proactively and challenge suppliers and R&D to create the best possible prerequisites for sourcing
• work in close collaboration with commodity purchasing and supplier quality to create and contribute to the segment and supplier strategy
• negotiate, propose and nominate new business to suppliers on Scania decision forums
• work closely with the suppliers throughout the industrialization and secure the right cost level for design changes after nomination.
Who are you?
To succeed in this role it is important that you
• enjoy having multiple projects and tasks at the same time and take pleasure in keeping a good structure
• are self-driven with a strong ability to explore new ways to find solutions to complex problems
• cooperate well with others, have good communication skills and the courage to stand up for your opinion and values
• enjoy doing business, to negotiate and to work with continuous improvements
• have an eye for details and a technical interest
• are fluent in English (Swedish is merit)
Most likely you have an academic degree in industrial engineering, business, or similar and at least 2-3 years of professional purchasing experience within electronics, cable harness or the automotive industry. You are eager to further develop your skills while being part of a team that generously shares experiences and knowledge.
Who am I?
I'm Malin, and as a leader for this team, I put focus on being present and available to guide and coach the co-workers in the different challenges we are facing. For me, team spirit and having fun at work is a high priority since I believe that a strong team creates better decision making, supporting culture and improves creativity. I work with encouragement and feedback and am humble to the fact that the purchasers in my team are the specialists, while my aim is to set the direction and remove obstacles to enable them to perform and deliver a great result.
We offer an interesting job with a high pace in a corporate culture characterized by openness, diversity and respect for the individual. At Scania we invest in training our employees and giving them the opportunity to broaden their skills in order to be able to grow with us. For the right person who takes responsibility for their own development, Scania offers many opportunities to grow and develop in your career both in Sweden and internationally. It is all up to you!
For further information
Please contact Malin Rylander, Purchasing Manager Project Purchasing Electronics, +46 700 810439, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your application that should include your CV and a personal letter. Interviews will be held continuously and the position can be filled before last application date. Please apply as soon as possible and no later than November 7th.