Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Quality Engineer to join our business unit - Central Warehouse Maintenance.
We are seeking a self-motivated and energetic Quality Engineer to ensure the highest quality of future products for the future of energy.
The Quality Engineer – Central Warehouse maintenance is the product quality representative working with the Design, Industrialization, Manufacturing, and products manufactured in Central warehouse. This role is focused on ensuring the best product is produced to meet quality, reliability, and design intents.
This individual must have strong technical ability, problem solving skills, and communication skills to help troubleshoot, diagnosis, and solve issues during the development phases and through the start of production. You're an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment to achieve world-class product quality.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Develop, modify, apply the internal quality standard for parts produced in house to support maintenance and production.
- Lead the deployment of Quality Engineering tools for the effective and efficient development, transfer, and maintenance of products/processes throughout the product life cycle
- Ensure that the quality of the products meet customer expectations, implementing QFD (Quality Function Deployment) as a methodology for taking the Voice of the Customer and using that information to drive aspects of product development.
- Support risk assessments in product development process; such as Design and Process FMEA
- Collaborate with Tooling engineering and industrialization functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Support the team with the definition of Critical to Quality Characteristics (CTQ)
- Give inputs to define a test plan based on risk analysis output and implement Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
- Investigate any quality issues to identify root cause and raise appropriate corrective action paperwork and ensure issues are addressed and resolved
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system (IATF 16949/ISO9001)
- Support supplier evaluation visits.
- Attend and report at regular improvement meetings, providing secure preventative actions to external and internal quality related concerns
- Support and participate in process improvement activities
- Deliver of all quality related operational and procedural training.
- Write reports and provide information to management
- Develop and propose new methods for analyzing systems and components
- Work across many parts of the organization, collaborating with technical team, process engineering, Supply Chain, IT & automation
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The Quality Engineer is a vital member of the Northvolt Central warehouse team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Manufacturing
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in relevant environment
- Experience of CMM programming and operation.
- Experience of quality assurance work in relevant industry such as, e.g. battery system or other manufacturing industries
- Specific knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Experience in developing methods, standards, procedures and documentation in an efficient way
- Project management skills and a successful track record of leading quality projects in a laboratory environment
- Knowledgeable in Lean and six sigma; Green or Black Belt a plus
- Familiarity and experience with the PPAP and product development process: Control Plans, FMEA, Gage R&R / MSA studies, quality problem-solving methodologies
- Curious, technically educated
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.