OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
The Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL), situated in Grenoble, France, and founded by France, Germany and the United Kingdom, is Europe's leading research facility for fundamental research using neutrons and operates the brightest neutron source in the world. The ILL's Health Physics, Safety and Environment Service, which reports directly to ILL Management, currently has a vacancy for a:
Radioactive Waste Technician
Within the Health Physics, Safety and Environment Service (SRSE), you will work with the other technician in the Radioactive Waste Management group.
Your duties will include:
- Collecting radioactive waste at the facility
- Maintaining waste inventories
- Preparing waste for conditioning in authorised packaging (sorting, dismantling of certain items, cutting-up, drying, etc.)
- Conditioning waste in the appropriate packaging
- Assisting with the characterisation of waste using gamma spectrometry and the x-ray inspection of waste drums
- Keeping waste storage areas clean and tidy;
- Loading waste packages onto transport vehicles for shipment to waste disposal sites (preparation and performance of the task)
- You may also be required to take part in other activities carried out by the Health Physics, Safety and Environment Service that fall within your area of expertise.
Qualifications and experience:
- Level 3 to Level 5 technical qualification with a specialisation in radioactive waste management or qualified decontamination technician.
- Some experience of working in a nuclear environment and knowledge of waste management in the nuclear sector.
- Qualifications as a crane operator and/or forklift truck operator would be a plus.
- You have a "hands-on", methodical approach to your work with good organisational skills and writing skills.
- You are able to work independently or as part of a team and are able to take initiative while complying with regulatory requirements.
As an international research centre, we are particularly keen to ensure that we also attract applicants from outside France. You must have a sound knowledge of English and be willing to learn French (a language course will be paid for by the ILL). Knowledge of German would be an advantage.
12-month fixed-term contract.
Medical fitness for work under ionising radiation is required; the post involves the use of protective equipment and the wearing of anti-contamination clothing.
Generous company benefits (expatriation allowance), relocation assistance and language courses may be offered (for more information, please consult our employment conditions: https://www.ill.eu/en/careers/working-at-the-ill/employment-conditions/)
How to apply:
Please submit your application on line, no later than 23.02.2020, via our website: www.ill.eu/careers (vacancy reference: 20/05).
We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity; we therefore encourage anyone with relevant qualifications to apply.