OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Work at a University where different perspectives meet!
Halmstad University adds value, drives innovation and prepares people and society for the future.
Since the beginning in 1983, innovation and collaboration with society have characterised the University's education and research. The research is internationally reputable and is largely conducted in a multidisciplinary manner within the University's two focus areas: Health Innovation and Smart Cities and Communities. The University has a wide range of education with many popular study programmes. The campus is modern and well-equipped, and is situated close to both public transportation and the city center.
More information about working at Halmstad University: https://hh.se/english/about-the-university/vacant-positions.html
The School of Information Technology
Halmstad University consists of four interdisciplinary Schools and the current position is located at the School of Information Technology (ITE). ITE is a multicultural school with around 130 employees from 20 different countries. It is a strong research and education environment, with focus on smart technology and its applications. Students and researchers are working with everything from AI and information driven care to autonomous vehicles, social robotics and digital design. ITE offers education on all levels, from undergraduate to PhD education, plus education for professional. Research is conducted within aware intelligent systems, smart electronic systems, cyber physical systems and digital service innovation. These four areas constitute the four technology areas of ITE . An innovation centre for information driven care called Leap for Life is connected to ITE, as well as a collaboration arena for electronic development, Electronics Centre in Halmstad (ECH).
More information about the School of Information Technology: https://hh.varbi.com/center/tool/position/390021/edit/tab:1/hh.se/ite-en
This position is a 11-month position and requires a combination of many different skills.
The recruited person will be expected to teach up to 20% and do research at least 80%, within one or several scientific projects. Research activities will depend on competences and interests, but are expected to build upon our existing portfolio.
CAISR+ project focuses on aware systems research and autonomous knowledge creation. By this we mean research on the design of systems that, as autonomously as possible, can construct knowledge from real life data created through the interaction between a system and its environment. Such systems should be able to handle events that are unknown at the time of design.
AI and ML is an important part of our education. The recruited person will have an opportunity to advance Bachelor and Master level courses such as Artificial Intelligence, Learning Systems, Data Mining, Applied Data Mining, and Deep Learning. The person will also be involved in the Graduate professional development program (second-cycle courses targeted at the business sector). Finally, the recruited person is expected to participate in supervision of thesis projects for bachelor and master level students.
- The applicants should hold a PhD in Artificial Intelligence/Data Mining/Machine Learning/Information Technology or a related field.
- The applicant needs to demonstrate a strong research profile in the fields related to topics of interest for this position, including recent publications with high impact.
- The scientific production is expected to be published in high-quality, peer-reviewed research journals and conferences.
- The applicant should share the value that diversity and equality among researchers and teachers brings higher quality to research and education.
For appointment as a Researcher, the following assessment criteria will be applied:
- Ability to conduct research of high international quality in artificial intelligence, specifically machine learning
- Ability to conduct research independently
- Ability to conduct high-quality teaching and to develop courses at different levels
- Experience in supervision of master / PhD students
- Ability to attract external funding
- Dynamism, curiosity, independence, creativity and good teamwork
- Willingness to address opportunities and challenges within AI and machine learning
Applications should be sent via Halmstad University's recruitment system Varbi (see link on this page).
For further information, please contact Stefan Byttner(Stefan.Byttner@hh.se).
We value the qualities that gender balance and diversity bring to our organisation. We therefore welcome applicants with different backgrounds, gender, functionality and, not least, life experience.