OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for multiple Data Engineers or Senior Data Engineers to join our People Domain Data & Analytics team. We work on creating best-in-class coworker experiences and enabling strategic and operational decision making on people-related topics, including people management, talent management, people planning, coworker relations, benefits and Equality, Diversity & Inclusion. We rely on the latest technology building state-of-the art data products to keep IKEA leading in an exciting and fast-moving environment.
Our diverse and global team within Data & Analytics is growing even more and we would love to talk with you, if you recognize yourself in some of the following:
· Strong knowledge of advanced data structures, distributed computing, and cloud-based services
· Strong knowledge of SQL for data processing and analysis
· Extensive knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go, or Scala), including concepts from functional and object-oriented programming paradigms
· Broad knowledge of new and emerging tools for extracting, ingesting, and processing of large datasets (Apache Spark, Beam, Kafka, etc)
· Good knowledge of Machine Learning models and how they rely on data feeds for their implementation
· Broad knowledge of digital product development principles and the importance of rapid validated learning cycles to optimise performance long term
· Broad knowledge of modern collaborative software engineering practices (Agile, DevOps) in which solutions evolve through the effort of self-organising cross-functional teams
· A team player who takes ownership, builds cross-functional relationships with senior peers, and loves sharing knowledge with more junior team members
· A curious world class problem solver who wants to keep learning!
· Have at least 2 years of professional experience as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer
· Preferably a higher educational background in applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or equivalent
This is our wish list! If you don’t recognize yourself in all these points, you might still be an excellent candidate for the role. We like to think long-term and invest in people’s development together with us.
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website www.ikea.com.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
You will be part of leading the transformation of IKEA into a more data driven company by developing and operating data products and solutions that reinforce, alter, or impact decisions on business, people and product strategy - leading to a better experience for our coworkers and customers. You will apply modern data and software engineering practices to build resilient and flexible solutions that scale. Your job will a mix of understanding business needs, designing data solutions – and of course writing code.
For example, we are developing metrics, statistical and ML models, dashboards and tools to answer questions like:
· How can we help HR management with advanced analytics to make and follow-up strategic decisions and stay informed about the well-being of our coworkers?
· How do we measure, understand, and drive people and business performance?
· How can we ensure that we are a world leader in gender equal pay?
· How should we staff our stores to create the best possible customer experience?
· How can we apply a data-driven approach to understand and measure our ambition to be a humanistic, value- and purpose-driven company?
And perhaps you have your own ideas on problems to solve? We are on a journey towards becoming a data-driven company and you will have the opportunity to help shape our path, based on your knowledge and experience.
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
You will work in Data & Analytics together with other Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Data Stewards. Together you will be joining cross-functional product teams with of colleagues from Technology, Product and Design in the People Domain to create the best possible solutions.
IKEA has long been a global leader in home furnishing. We are proud of our vision to improve the everyday life of the many people. But our industry is quickly changing, and we need to adapt to stay competitive. To facilitate our digital growth ambition, we are working in different locations world-wide. The home office for this role is in Malmö, Sweden, but we act as one global team and work together on global solutions.
We see so many opportunities for what we can accomplish and have the ambition to be a world class team. At the same time, we believe that our work is not just about solving business problems, but also about learning and having fun together.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
• Work on exciting problems as described above, and you are encouraged to spot new opportunities and to collaborate with Data & Analytics colleagues in other teams.
• Opportunities to have global impact with your work.
• Flexible and modern tools: we deploy on Google Cloud Platform and we use a lot of open source tools across the board.
• Hardware and OS of your choice.
• A team of great colleagues to learn with and from (with world-class experience across all aspects of Data & Analytics).
• Continuous learning (we aim to spend 20% of our working time on learning).
• Flexible, sustainable and friendly working environment in a truly value-based company