At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international streaming challenger. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a Fullstack developer in our Stockholm office - are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
As a Senior Fullstack Developer, you will join the agile Viaplay Group product organization and contribute to the leading streaming service and media distribution platform in the Nordics. You will actively take part in development of the business beneficial Viaplay Group sports event planner platform, enabling a smoother process for Viaplay Group Sport to book all needed resources used during the livestreamed and production-based sports events. Together with the development team you will work close to Viaplay Group Sports to understand the user journey and contributing to the full development process from design to deploy in production.
You will join a mission-driven, autonomous team (client and backend development in close collaboration with architects and product management) and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. The team delivers on clear goals based on close contact with external suppliers and internal stakeholders, having the full autonomy in how to create the best solutions to reach the goals.
Our architecture mainly consists of dockerized micro services that are orchestrated in a Kubernetes cluster with containerized pods in the AWS cloud. In addition to the above, the tech stack consists of Java and React JS.
So, if you are up for making a change to, and contributing within, one of Viaplay Group’s high profiling domains, we have what you are looking for!
What we’re looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar with at least 3 years professional experience.
- Solid experience in Java backend development.
- Experience in using common enterprise integration patterns (message handling, routing, transformation of data).
- Experience in consuming and creating REST-based APIs.
- Experience in message queues.
- Experience with SQL or other data querying languages.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience in using Docker.
- Experience in DevOps, CI/CD pipelines through Jenkins/GitLab or similar.
- Experience in Eclipse MicroProfile or Spring Boot.
- Experience with cloud environments, preferably AWS.
- A can-do attitude, sense of humor and the ability to work humbly with others.
- We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements that fully support hybrid set ups and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full healthcare coverage should you need it.
- A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
- A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off - plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
- Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product - including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels and more.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here - you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page (https://careers.viaplaygroup.com/) or follow us on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/lifeatviaplaygroup/)! We’re only ever a few clicks away.