OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Do you have expertise in MRI and the area of in vivo and tissue imaging? Would you like to be a part of an Imaging & AI team who has direct impact on drug development, playing a key role in getting medicines to patients?
Welcome to join AstraZeneca in Gothenburg - Sweden, where we are looking for a Senior In Vivo Imaging Scientist to our engaged Imaging & AI team!
As an Imaging Scientist in the Imaging & AI team, you will play a pivotal role in delivering high quality imaging data by acquiring in vivo images (MR, CT, SPECT and optical imaging). Additionally, there is the opportunity to employ core histology and advanced tissue imaging techniques to produce datasets of greater depth and relevance in support of projects.
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and you will develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion, by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us - we work together to make the impossible a reality. In this position you will be a part of the global imaging & AI group within Clinical Pharmacology and Safety Sciences (CPSS).
CPSS is changing the way imaging technologies are combined to offer unprecedented insight and impact. Our imaging hubs combine data from histology, digital pathology, multiplex assays, advanced molecular imaging techniques (including mass spectrometry imaging) and a full suite of in vivo imaging technologies.
What you will do:
As an Imaging Scientist in the Imaging & AI team, you will contribute to the plans and designs of imaging studies and provide general and hypothesis-driven scientific advice on specific topics to the team. You will have a strong understanding of the practices, principles and concepts associated with the whole chain of studies primarily using in vivo imaging technology. You will analyse the data you produce, with a clear understanding of its implications within the overall context of drug development and reports either verbally or in written format to stakeholders.
To be successful in the position, we believe that you work independently and have a positive, goal oriented and problem-solving attitude. You are a result driven, focused person who is used to deliver timely. Excellent English is required, both spoken and written, and good organizational skills are of use. Alongside this, we see that you have good social and communication skills, is collaborative and a strong team player who supports your colleagues.
Essential for the role:
* Ph.D. degree or corresponding experience with strong experience in relevant role.
* Experience and expertise in preclinical MRI.
* Knowledge of anatomy and histomorphology of mammalian tissue/ tissues
* Independent experimental design, critical data analysis (including statistics) and reporting;
* Understanding of quality management systems
Desirable for the role:
* Expert knowledge in one of the following; immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence or in situ hybridisation.
* Comprehensive core knowledge of necropsy and histology techniques
* Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or hospital molecular pathology laboratory
* Understanding of other disciplines within pharmaceutical R&D
* Experience in image analysis using a variety of commercial software solutions
* Leadership skills within small teams and on individual projects
Are you ready to make a difference? Great, we can't wait to hear from you - apply today!
If you would like to know more about the position, the team or working at AstraZeneca, please reach out to hiring manager Leif Hultin at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application no later than 13th April, 2020.
Our Gothenburg site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/gothenburg.html
Life in Gothenburg: https://www.movetogothenburg.com/
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget