OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
Who we are
Volvo Cars, Group Legal in Gothenburg is looking for a new team member who is a “Renaissance IP Lawyer” to provide general intellectual property law support reporting to the Chief Intellectual Property Officer. You will join a high-performing team who focuses on supporting our ambition to lead the global automotive industry in safety technology, electrification and autonomous drive. Today, our award-winning Volvo cars continue to break sales records, and our disruptive innovations are pushing technological boundaries. But we’re aiming even higher. This ambition requires even more creative and proactive support and legal guidance. Are you ready to join our high performing team acting in a constantly changing international context?
Truly Global, Proudly Scandinavian
We’re at the forefront of the mobility revolution, growing fast and bringing together forward-thinking minds from all over the world. Volvo Cars’ headquarters is located in Gothenburg, but the company has offices and plants across the globe. You will be interacting and collaborating with a diverse and international team of colleagues on initiatives that influence many aspects of the business.
This means that we are looking for someone who - on a personal level - shares our values. Being enthusiastic, curious, collaborative, interested in technology with high integrity and a pragmatic approach towards things goes a long way.
What you will do
As part of the corporate legal team at one of the most respected and recognizable car brands in the world, you will have the opportunity to drive change, work with continuous improvement and take on all types of challenges, big and small, in a truly dynamic environment. In this role you will, together with the other intellectual property team members, provide support within the patent, trademark, copyright and design law areas, involving independently handling and assuming full responsibility for:
* Drafting, reviewing and negotiating IP (patent, trademark, software, and/or data) license agreements.
* Handling general intellectual property law issues arising from R&D, purchasing, and other commercial agreements.
* Conducting legal reviews and providing legal advice in patent, trademark, copyright and design matters, including matters of high complex nature or risk.
* Conducting infringement investigations, preparing C&D letters, and supervising EMEA trademark and patent infringement litigation.
* Supervising outside counsel preparing trademark and utility patent applications.
* Supervising paralegals, admins and outside counsels/service providers in IP matters.
* Translating IP law advice to actions that deliver business value and tangible benefits.
This includes a close interaction with the Intellectual Property team in Göteborg, as well as collaboration with members of the global IP and Legal teams, Brand, Marketing, HR, R&D, Design, Finance, Partnership & Alliances Office, and other parts of the organization and related entities.
Who you are
In your professional life, before applying for this job at Volvo Cars, you have obtained:
* Doctorate/Master of law or any other degree and/ or practice required to practice law in at least one relevant jurisdiction (with grades in upper tier).
* 8+ years of experience in practising IP law at a law firm and in-house.
* Understanding of high-tech (including software and data) licensing.
* Significant exposure to trademark application filings and prosecution and brand licensing.
* Highly experienced and knowledgeable in all IP legal areas required to fulfil the key responsibilities.
* Proven analytical skills and experienced in making decision, developing solutions or judgments within brand/trademark area.
You are service minded, structured, detail oriented and have focus on getting things done. You enjoy identifying improvement areas and embrace change and you meet deadlines and are fine to work under time pressure from time to time. Because the Legal and Intellectual Property teams manage very strategic and sensitive matters, integrity is natural for you. You also must be excellent at working and writing in English.
How to learn more and apply
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Pedram Yousefi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly register your application as soon as possible but not later than 2020-09-07
Please note application through E-mail is not accepted.
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget
+46 31 333 60 50