OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Will you join us working in the team on Humans and Automation? Our focus is on the interaction and teaming between humans and advanced technologies, especially in highly digital and/or complex environments. We are curious about how advanced technologies work, what effect they have on people in those environments and how interactions between these people and technologies can be improved.
We are growing fast and looking for Senior to Principal Research Scientists with a curious and collaborative attitude who are energized to conduct research for a better future within our highlighted research fields:
Artificial intelligence; Data science; Cyber security; Virtual reality, Augmented reality, and spatial computing; Robotics and cyber-physical systems; Interaction with complex data and advanced modelling; Modelling and simulation of physical systems; Digital twins, Human factors;
Human-centred digitalisation; Human-centered artificial intelligence; Humans and automation collaboration; Interaction design; Risk safety management; Human reliability; Organisational psychology; Cognitive psychology
And in our research/business areas:
- Smart City
- Industry & Space
As a senior to principal research scientist, you will have a well-paid permanent position where 100% of your time is dedicated to research activity (no teaching unless you wish to have a connection to a university, as well). You will spend your time working with private and public parties to carry out applied research work, generating scientific publications, and seeking new research opportunities and funding. You will be surrounded by distinguished colleagues with multidisciplinary research backgrounds in an inclusive workplace with strong national and international networks in research and industry.
You should have:
- PhD and research focus in one or more of our highlighted research fields. Given our multidisciplinary focus, expertise in more than one of the fields would be advantageous
- A strong publication record in the last 5-10 years in these research fields
- A track record of successful grant proposal writing
- Track record of leading research projects through to success
- Strong international network
- You should be fluent in English
- You should be interested in creating research groups around your research interests and mentoring junior researchers
- A permanent position fully dedicated to research activity
- Research tasks in fields that have great potential for large societal impact
- Considerable freedom to develop research projects in the direction of your interests
- Large degree of autonomy and flexible working hours
- A multidisciplinary work environment
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories
- A well-established and wide ranging national and international network within research and industry
- A growing and healthy organisation that is focused on individual and group development
- Very competitive salary with a good pension plan
How to Apply:
The following application materials must be submitted through the IFE job application portal:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Our Digital Systems sector apply research in digital systems that enable organisations to be more competitive. To enable them to do more with less effort and get it done safer, quicker and at a lower cost. We contribute to solving the major societal challenges and participate in high impact national and international research projects targeting, such as: competitive and secure data-economy, resilient cities, climate change mitigation and adaptation, smart and sustainable transport, and secure and cybersecure digital technology. We are currently around 100 researchers under our 3 core values: curiosity, integrity and collaboration.
We place great emphasis on your personal suitability for the position. IFE is subject to the National Security Act, and the candidate must be able to pass a background check and must be able to obtain security clearance and authorization.
Location: Halden in Norway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd769TCkHRA
Research for a better future.
IFE is an independent research foundation based in Norway at Kjeller and in Halden. We are in the forefront internationally in several fields within digital technologies, material and process technology, flow and analysis technologies, radiopharmaceutical technology and nuclear technology. IFE develops new solutions for the industry and public sector in over 30 countries. IFE is host to the international OECD NEA Halden Projects. We are about 600 employees and the annual turnover is about NOK 1 billion. Read more about IFE at www.ife.no/en