OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Are you truly passionate about the magic that happens in the lab? Could you see yourself applying your protein science knowledge in a successful pharmaceutical company? Would you like to join a team of highly skilled scientists where both your professional and personal skills are valued?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us working within a dynamic scientific environment to support drug discovery. The Discovery Biology department within Discovery Sciences is responsible for the generation of novel reagents and assays to support projects in all phases of the drug discovery pipeline. We focus on scientific advances in small molecules, oligonucleotides and other new technologies and drug discovery platforms across our different core areas.
Our stunning campus in Gothenburg is one of AstraZeneca’s three strategic science centres. The site is home to over 2,500 employees, from 50 different nationalities. Gothenburg includes the complete range of functions, and as such offers plenty of development opportunities for a wide variety of professionals. Our science teams in Gothenburg collaborate with academic and industry partners in Sweden and globally. And the site itself is designed with collaboration in mind. From the Coffee Lab to exercise areas, we’ve built a series of environments where innovation can happen.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for producing and characterizing recombinant proteins which represent disease targets for drug discovery projects in the early discovery. These proteins are utilized in the development of biochemical assays for compound screening, structural & biophysical assays to characterize protein ligand interactions and to develop oligonucleotide drugs. Since this position is lab based, we expect that you have a true real passion for practical duties.
We will rely on you to:
• Deliver expertise in recombinant protein expression purification and characterization
• Work in partnership with colleagues in a cross functional setting to ensure the delivery of high-quality protein reagents to projects
• Contribute with novel ideas and using discernment and knowledge where appropriate to influence the work of the project
• Maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous improvement process
• Achieve personal as well as company scientific visibility through project contributions, presentations, publications and poster & oral conference presentations
• MSc degree with significant experience from pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry or PhD in Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or other a related discipline
• Expertise in Protein Science through a demonstrable knowledge of construct design, molecular biology, protein expression, purification, characterization and structure function
• Proven knowledge of a wide range of methods and technologies applied to the expression, purification as well as characterization of recombinant proteins. E.g. bacterial expression, liquid chromatography, SDS-PAGE, mass spectrometry and biophysical techniques
• Excellent analytical skills, good scientific judgement and communication skills
• Excellent team working and networking skills with experience of interacting effectively in multi-disciplinary and cultural settings
• Experience of biochemical assay development
• Experience of setting up multi-parallel processes for protein purification
Welcome with your application!