OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The precise genome editing group is developing new tools and technologies to facilitate target validation, speedy disease modeling and to evaluate the potential applications and safety of therapeutic genome editing. We are part of the Translational Genomics department where we develop advanced cellular and animal models and we also provide expert support for Next Generation Sequencing and Transcriptome analysis. The candidate will be embedded in an international group working on cutting edge technologies with world leading external collaborators.
This is a temporary position, lasting for 12 months.
Tasks and responsibilities/The role:
- To design and build genome editing-based strategies and tools required to generate in vivo (mouse) and in vitro reagents to create disease models
- To develop delivery tools to improve the efficiency of genome editing
- To perform confirmation of genetic manipulation and functional validation of engineered cells and animals
- To perform target validation studies in early projects
- Molecular biology expertise on vector design and genetic manipulation of cell lines and/or mouse embryonic stem cells, primary and iPSC cells
- Functional characterization of gene modified cell lines (DNA, RNA and protein levels, cellular assays)
- In silico construct design and analysis of genetic perturbation after genome editing
Preferred experience and key factors:
- Previous practical expertise with genome editing tools including Cas9/CRISPR, ZFNs and TALENs
- Hands on experience with RNA and protein detection, Next Generation Sequencing library preparation and results analysis
What we offer you at ALTEN
Every employee is equally valuable in the success of ALTEN! We are driven by making people grow and develop, which is why we offer you the opportunity to work with what you are truly passionate about. At ALTEN, we have a broad range of assignments at most of the leading companies in Sweden in several different sectors, to make it possible for your wishes to come true. We offer both national and international opportunities and together with your coaching manager, you build your career path so you constantly are able to develop and achieve your goals and dreams!
As a consultant at ALTEN, you will get the genuine team feeling at your assignment but also a wonderful togetherness at ALTEN. Through our different internal networks, such as ALTEN Sports, Women@ALTEN and ALTEN Innovation you will get the opportunity to drive topics and activities that are close to your heart, together with your colleagues. All activities are of course optional. Work life balance is our top priority. We also have a collective agreement and other benefits like Pension, Insurances and Wellness grants.
We believe in growing together!
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget