OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The precise genome editing group is developing new tools and technologies to facilitate target validation, speedy disease modeling and to evaluate the potential applications and safety of therapeutic genome editing. We are part of the Translational Genomics department where we develop advanced cellular and animal models and we also provide expert support for Next Generation Sequencing and Transcriptome analysis. The candidate will be embedded in an international group working on cutting edge technologies with world leading external collaborators.
Dina arbetsuppgifter i huvudsak
Tasks and responsibilities/The role:
• To design and build genome editing-based strategies and tools required to generate in vivo (mouse) and in vitro reagents to create disease models
• To develop delivery tools to improve the efficiency of genome editing
• To perform confirmation of genetic manipulation and functional validation of engineered cells and animals
• To perform target validation studies in early projects
Vem är du?
• Molecular biology expertise on vector design and genetic manipulation of cell lines and/or mouse embryonic stem cells, primary and iPSC cells
• Functional characterization of gene modified cell lines (DNA, RNA and protein levels, cellular assays)
• In silico construct design and analysis of genetic perturbation after genome editing
Preferred experience and key factors
• Previous practical expertise with genome editing tools including Cas9/CRISPR, ZFNs and TALENs
• Hands on experience with RNA and protein detection, Next Generation Sequencing library preparation and results analysis
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a temporary position, lasting for 12 months. Start date as soon as possible, so please send your application.
If you have any questions or comments, you are most welcome to contact us.