OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
An exciting consultant opportunity, starting 15-09-2020, has arisen for a highly motivated Senior Scientist Patient Safety at AstraZeneca Gothenburg. We are looking for a person with extensive experience in Patient Safety in the pharmaceutical industry and detailed knowledge of relevant PV legislation. The position reports to the EU QPPV & Head Pharmacovigilance Excellence.
For further details around this position you are welcome to contact Jenny Lundkvist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Welcome with your application no later than 26th of August.
• Support execution of EU QPPV responsibilities for Medicinal Products approved in the EU as delegated by the EU QPPV
• Support Management of EU QPPV ad hoc non-product related responsibilities as delegated by the EU QPPV
The position reports to the EU QPPV & Head Pharmacovigilance Excellence
Dina arbetsuppgifter i huvudsak
Delegated co-deputy QPPV accountabilities and responsibilities for specified Medicinal Products Authorised or with a Marketing Authorisation Application (MAA) in the EU:
• Support ensuring the necessary quality, including the correctness and completeness, of Pharmacovigilance (PV) data submitted to the European Medical Agency (EMA), the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) and EU national competent authorities.
• Aware of strategic direction for EU Market Authorisation Applications (MAAs) and substantial EU Life Cycle Management (LCM) submissions in relation to own tasks
• Aware of any conditions or obligations adopted as part of EU marketing authorizations and other commitments relating to safety or the safe use of the products in relation to own tasks
• Oversight of the safety profile of Medicinal Products in relation to own tasks
• Oversight of the risk profile of Medicinal Products including associated risk minimisation measures in relation to own tasks
• Review, endorse and sign-off of (EU) Development Safety Update Reports (DSURs), Periodic Benefit Risk Evaluation (PBRERs) and license renewal Addendum to Clinical Overview (ACOs) as assigned
• Review of Post-Authorisation Safety Studies (PASS) protocols for studies conducted in the EU or pursuant to a RMP agreed in the EU, ready for QPPV sign-off. Aware of the results of PASS and provide input to the interpretation of such results.
• Support the preparation of, review and endorse responses to ad hoc (non-MAA-related) requests, queries and questions from EU and other Health Authorities (HAs)
• Support the preparation of, review and endorse Health Hazard Evaluations (HHEs) regarding manufacturing quality issues with potential impact on patients
• Participate in QC checks of case seriousness assessments
• Regularly, and as needed, keep the EU QPPV informed about (above-mentioned and other) activities, deliverables and issues in scope of the delegation
Delegated co-Deputy QPPV ad hoc non-product related responsibilities:
Could include, but not locked or limited to:
• Input to and review of elements of the Pharmacovigilance System Master File (PSMF)
• Input to, review of new and updated Procedural Documents
• Participation in ad hoc assigned QPPV Office Gatekeeper Operating Model tasks
• Support continuous improvement projects in scope of the QPPV function to improve processes within Patient Safety
• Support the EU QPPV in licensing partner audits and local HA inspections
• Regularly, and as needed, keep the EU QPPV informed about (above-mentioned and other) relevant activities, deliverables and issues in scope of the delegation
• Share best practice in areas of PV, as relevant in relation to own tasks
• Upon request participate and/or support activities for GVP audits/inspections
Vem är du?
• Medical degree
• Extensive expert experience in Patient Safety in the pharmaceutical industry
• Detailed knowledge of relevant PV legislation
• Insight in current developments in the pharmaceutical industry
• Excellent communication skills
• Project management experience
• PhD in scientific discipline
• Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in relevant life science discipline
• Expert reputation within the business and industry
• Extensive knowledge of the latest technical and regulatory expectations in the PV area
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. We win through science, it’s at the heart of our every success. That science is only possible when we all work together – we’ll always make sure you’re clear about how your role is connected to our wider mission to really show what science can do.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Send in your application, and we’ll make it happen together.