Orange Cyberdefense is the expert cybersecurity business unit of the Orange Group, providing consulting, solutions and services to organizations around the globe. As Europe’s go-to security provider, we strive to protect freedom and build a safer digital society. We are looking for a Senior Security Researcher to join our team.
The OCD Security Research Centre is a specialist security research unit. We identify, track, analyse, communicate and act upon significant developments in the cyber security landscape. Our team of dedicated researchers are globally recognised and frequently showcased at international security events and in leading publications. Their skills and experience impact directly on our operations and are made accessible to our clients in various forms across our range of products and services.
Our research is widely recognized and used throughout the industry, including conferences such as Infosec, RSA Conference, BlackHat and DEFCON.
Key responsibilities as a Senior Security Researcher:
- Data gathering and literature review: Conduct searches on the Internet, Dark Web and academic platforms to identify, collect, organise and summarize existing data and information of specific security-related topics.
- Data Enrichment and Management: Review data collected (for example on cyber extortion, Threat Detection or Vulnerability Management) by manual and automated processes, ensure the data is clean and accurate, and perform manual research to enrich the collected data, for example with demographic information on the victims.
- Data Analysis and Statistics: Use tools like MS Excel, Elastic Search, PowerBI, Metabase. Maltego and MaxQDA to generate statistics and generate charts, graphs and other visualizations.
- Cybersecurity Research: On diverse themes and topics, ranging from high level academic questions to deep technical investigations.
- Coding: Write simple programs and queries in languages like Python or SQL.
- Machine Learning: Assist with the development, testing, training and tuning of Machine Learning models and systems.
- Technical Writing: Produce written works on prescribed topics for blog posts, published reports and internal publications.Produce presentation decks on research topics.
- Lectures and Presentations: To various forums, in person and online.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A proven track record in technical spheres of cybersecurity
- Training and skills in statistics and data analytics
- Experience in Machine Learning and related topics.
- Exposure and experience in producing academic dissertations in relevant fields
- Spoken and written language skills:
- Need to be proficient in English, French desirable.
- Solid working knowledge with real-world enterprise IT including Windows and Linux OS, IP networks, firewalls, Active Directory and the like.
- Programming Experience in Python, preferably with experience in using SciKit Learn, Gensim, and SpaCy.
Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following domains:
- OT/ICS security
- Cloud security
- Cryptocurrencies and DeFi
- Mobile Device security
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Vulnerability research
- Malware analysis
You should be curious, energetic, and flexible, able to move comfortably between diverse topics. Able to manage your own time and focus, and able to work alone or in a team.
The story of Orange Cyberdefense:
Orange Cyberdefense is Sweden’s leading company in cyber security. Our vision is to contribute to a safer digital society by fighting different kinds of cybercrimes. We have about 2500 employees worldwide and 370 in Sweden. We offer our customers services within Anticipate, Identity, Protect, Detect and Respond.
At Orange Cyberdefense, we are all different but with the same passion, and that is our greatest strength. We are proud of our individual differences, experiences and histories and are convinced that we must include everyone to offer solutions that protect everyone. That is why we always make sure to treat all applications equally.
By joining one of the world’s leading cyber security companies, you will be offered the following:
- An opportunity to work with market leading cybersecurity technology in combination with some of the industry’s most talented and dedicated experts
- Flexible work environment
- We will provide you with opportunities of development, both within your professional role but also the opportunity to develop within the organization where only your ambitions sets the limit
- A challenger culture that encourages you to be self-driven and curios
Working at Orange Cyberdefense will give you the chance to develop both personally and professionally. New challenges are our favorite challenges. Orange Cyberdefense has an environment with a high rate of change and quick decision-making combined with sensitivity to our employees. We believe that by providing an atmosphere where we try to have fun at work and love what we do, we will also get the best end results.
How to join us?
Join us by sending your application through our application form. The selection is ongoing, and the position can be filled before the last application date. If you have any questions, you are very welcome to contact responsible recruiter Fanny Westergren (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to receive your application!