We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Senior Sofware Engineer in Stockholm, Sweden
Software Engineers are the pillars of our Onboard organization within Alstom. You will be working alongside experienced engineers to shape solutions and customer features. Your passion for solution excellence, innovation as well as your logical mind are therefore keys to be successful in this role. As a senior SW engineer in our team you will contribute with the design and realization of our SW product.
• Identify customer needs through close collaboration with our stakeholders;
• Analyze, write, verify, and manage SW product requirements
• Design, Implement and Test SW (C++)
• Support the Product Owner on system solutions and product selection;
• Integrate and support an Agile SW team (Scrum Master, SW Developers, integrators, testers);
• Support the products development strategy and tools.
• Master Degree in Computer Science or other equivalent education (e.g. Engineering)
• At least 5 years of experience in railway signalling processes and solutions or 10 years of experience similar industries (ex: Automotive, medical, aerospace);
• Knowledge of functionality and architecture of railway systems, especially ERTMS/ETCS;
• Knowledge of how customers operate signalling systems and products and which operational and functional needs the systems shall satisfy;
• Proven track record with safety-critical embedded systems;
• Knowledgable on product lifecycle according to CENELEC standards or similar;
• Solid experience with SW Test Engineering
• Solid experience with Design (UML) and coding (C++)
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.