OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for several passionate Senior Software engineers who are excited about technology and innovative ways of working and want to be a part of shaping the future of IKEA!
As a person you have a proven ability to develop high quality code using and applying good practices. You have a curious nature and actively acquire new knowledge, skills, champion new methods, digital systems and processes to improve performance. Doing so, will enable you to change direction based on new ideas, approaches and strategies. You will be empowered to work agile and continuous improvements within the software engineering function. By encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership, accountability makes you easy to collaborate with others to achieve our common goals.
To be successful as a Senior Software Engineer you have advanced training in computer science or similar experience through keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise. In addition you have demonstrable experience in working in an Agile and DevOps working set-up. You get energized by delivering high quality software in an agile environment.
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website www.ikea.com
As Senior Software Engineer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for developing, running, monitoring and supporting software for the assigned Product or Service using the right toolsets required and applying Ingka Software Security Directives, in order to deliver according to requirements and compliance.
- Synchronise software design and architecture by aligning with stakeholders in order to ensure expected outcomes.
- Lead and promote good software engineering practices within an agile/iterative development approach in order to improve time to market and fulfill business needs.
- Onboard, coach and mentor engineers in order to secure transfer of competence and a high performing tea.
- Design and educate other engineers in ways of working, encouraging good practices to meet consumer expectations on Product or Service delivery.
- Take responsibility for cooperation and alignment with key stakeholders within Ingka and Inter-IKEA Systems with interdependencies towards Group Digital to develop Product/Service design and technical roadmaps.
- Lead and coach in change activities in different environments in order to secure functionality and availability.
- Identify, continuously explore and evaluate new technologies and benchmark against industry standards, in order to boost innovation and productivity for optimisation/modifications to the current design.
- Produce all required design specifications and ensure that Products or Services are aligned, by leading team members and working closely together cross-functions to ensure end-to-end business delivery.
- Oversee the various Products or Services being developed, within the area, including code-reviews to ensure technical feasibility and that solutions are optimised for speed, scalability and reusability.
- Drive the development of different engineering patterns for different types of Products and Services by working across initiatives within Ingka Group.
- Proactively manage relevant organisational processes, to drive an intended outcome.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
At Group Digital, we set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast-moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace. At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.
These positions are located in Malmö, Helsingborg and Älmhult.