Life is more enjoyable when you share it with the right people, and the Identity team is all about making sharing simple, safe, and worthwhile.
Join us and you’ll be providing millions of people with instant access to a seamless experience across the Schibsted ecosystem. Each day we power enriched, personalized experiences for millions of people across some of the biggest Nordic brands, whilst offering a secure, central home where our users are in full control of their information.
We have a (mostly) modern tech stack which we refine and grow as we discover solutions for the situations we face. Today you will find yourself with the opportunity to work with Scala, Kotlin, Java, PHP, micro-services (with a complimentary monolith), SQL & NoSQL databases, a wide range of AWS services, Kubernetes, Terraform, as well as experiment with new technologies.
What you'll do
- Build microservices whilst embracing - and hopefully breaking apart - our legacy monolith
- Evolve the authentication and authorisation flows for one of the largest login and identity solutions in the Nordics
- Work together with Product Managers, User Experience Designers and Engineering teammates to build and improve features for Schibsted account
- Bring forward and develop ideas which are vital to the biggest news media sites and the largest marketplaces across Norway, Sweden, and Finland
- Contribute to engineering efforts from investigation, to design, to implementation; solving complex technical challenges along the way
- Collaborate across teams, functions, and companies within Schibsted to create the best possible product and user experience
- Coach others in your strengths, learn from your peers, and embrace complete ownership of our product
Who you are
- Experience and fluency in Scala and interested in working with other JVM languages
- Understand that all successful products have a history: you are interested in how we got to where we are today, look at what can be improved, and find ways to develop complimentary services that move us forward
- Comfortable working in a central team which has significant impact to millions of users across all of Schibsted’s current and future companies
- Someone who feels they have ownership of their product; you want to bring ideas to the table, you care about how our end users are affected, and you love to feel proud about what you and your team are creating
- Want to be part of a completely autonomous, cross-functional team - so you are keen to learn and contribute in the different competences and skills your peers bring to the table - whether it is DevOps, Product, UX, or something else
Where you'll be
We are a distributed workforce which allows us to embrace all kinds of work modes: in office, from home, or a hybrid - we offer the structured flexibility needed to work from anywhere
Where are the offices? Today we have offices in Kraków, Stockholm, Oslo, Gdansk
If you are interested in learning more about Schibsted Account, listen to this podcast by Ida Kristine Norddal, our Senior Product Manager.
Fluency in the English language, both written and spoken, is expected. For this reason, only applications in English will be considered.
Schibsted is a family of digital brands with a strong Nordic position, and more than 5,000 employees. Millions of people interact with our companies every day through our leading online marketplaces, world-class media houses. We also help new promising businesses grow. Our joint mission of empowering people in their daily lives is rooted in the values of our media heritage and a legacy of bold change. At our best, we are a fearless force for change in a society built on trust and transparency.
Data & Tech is a central product and tech unit that serves all of Schibsted. We are about 250+ people in Oslo, Stockholm and Krakow, and collaborate closely with other product and tech teams in all units in Schibsted. Areas of responsibilities include data & technology strategy, privacy/data trends/responsible data & machine learning, information security and internal IT.