Schibsted News Media Products & Technology - Aftonbladet
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience and knowledge in Cloud Infrastructure. You will work with software development, scaling interesting experiments developed with your team, help shape our DevOps practice, and act as our expert in cloud infrastructure.
WHO WE ARE
Our organisation, Schibsted News Media, has 300+ experts in product management, UX and technology. We build new digital products and technical platforms for Aftonbladet, VG, Svenska Dagbladet and many other Norwegian news outlets, enabling independent journalism thrive with products people love.
You will be part of the team that works with Aftonbladet, Sweden’s biggest news source, engaging more than 3.5 million people on a daily basis. Our vision is to make Sweden a little bit better, the world a little more understandable and life a little bit easier.
We like to innovate to create amazing user experiences. We are humble and care a lot about our craft, always helping each other to become better at it. We test, we fail and learn. Our mission is to take Aftonbladet forward through superior user experience.
Get to know more about the team and our challenges here: https://bit.ly/2Rh3MXx
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an experienced hands-on engineer who can motivate others as well as yourself to deliver on our mission
- You have experience with cloud infrastructure as well as site reliability engineering and you want to help shape our DevOps culture
- You love to solve complex problems and produce quality code
- You demonstrates respect for and trust in your colleague
- You share knowledge and best practices with others and promote continuous improvement
- You put the user first, always
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH
- Help reduce infrastructure-related load on our product teams, whilst still allowing us to own our products end to end and push the boundaries of digital storytelling
- Develop new features to push Aftonbladet’s products to the next level
- Addressing problems, defining tech solutions and collaborating with other teams to solve challenges and integrate applications in a cloud environment
- Continuous assessments and improvements of things like security and load balancing
- Collaborate with others to identify, plan, develop, and implement systems that will support the future vision of our company. This includes actively networking with people and sharing knowledge; both within Aftonbladet and across Schibsted
- Ongoing assessments of capabilities, performance and costs of our technical infrastructure
- Define and measure success metrics, research new solutions and technologies and recommend changes based on analysis of their impact to all users requirements
As a member of the team, you will be part of a high speed, inclusive and fun environment where openness, collaboration, innovation and passion is key. You will work with talented people, and will be making an impact on how journalism is consumed as well as shaping the digital news media business of tomorrow.
We support each other in our curiosity by encouraging knowledge sharing in a creative environment! We run internal tech forums, lean coffee, meetups, open tracks etc. We have an internal company for learning and development, which we continuously work together with in order to have an updated training catalogue, with tech, product and leadership courses. 10% of your working time can be used for innovation, learning or experimenting with new solutions and technologies.
Schibsted is - at its heart - a product and tech company. We have an ambitious mission to provide leading online marketplaces, build world-class media houses, and help great companies scale. To enable engineers to build their career inside our company, we encourage internal mobility to help you acquire new experiences and help build our company through our shared values.
We believe in empowering people in their daily lives! One way of doing this is through the power of open source, here are some of our contributions: https://schibsted.github.io/
Product & Tech is responsible for product development in News Media. The unit consists of product managers, software engineers, UX experts, and user researchers. A big part of our work is developing joint technology platforms for Schibsted’s news brands. These include platforms for content production and distribution, digital subscriptions, and advertising. Most of our teams work distributed, with colleagues in Oslo, Stockholm, Krakow, Gdansk, Bergen, and Stavanger.