We are now starting to ramp up the recruitment for the factory in Skellefteå and are looking for shift managers with experience from Chemical Process Industry. As an Upstream Shift Manager you have a good chemical understanding, as well as experience from working in a production setting with ongoing process. We believe you have experience in reading process and electrical drawings as well as a good understanding of equipment as pipes, pumps and valves.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories with the aim to produce the worlds greenest Lithium-ion battery. You will get the chance to really make a difference in the transformation to a carbon free society.
At Northvolt you will be part of a fast growing company with high-energy and a dynamic environment. As shift manager you will work in a top modern facility with new technology. So forget about everything you thought you knew about working in the industry, this is going to be completely different.
You will work in close collaboration with other shift managers, maintenance, quality and environment personnel. You will lead a shift team of around 15 employees were each and everyone counts to make this a success. You will get the chance to really make an impact and be part of shaping our way of working in the future. We work hard to create a good work environment, to make room for creativity, initiatives for improvement and a possibility for people to grow. We aim to become the world´s most equal and inclusive workplace.
Interested to know more about life at Northvolt? Read more here.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take lead in building your shift teams by supporting in recruiting, specifically by interviewing candidates in close collaboration with the manufacturing recruitment team
- Develop and support you team in becoming great at what they are supposed to do by on-boarding, training and developing them - we believe in rotation of work duties for competence development
- Ensure your team has everything they need to ensure that SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), WIs (Work Instructions) and other policies are followed
- Make sure your team knows what to do by assigning tasks, responsibilities and performance expectations and checking in regularly
- Suggest and implement improvements - individually and with your team
- Follow up shift performance and act on deviations
- Communicate and collaborate with other colleagues (other shifts, the maintenance team) in order to ensure good shift handovers and standardization
- Report deviations affecting the production and perform risk analysis to solve underlying issues
- Assure safe conditions with Lock Out Tag Out Try Out according routines when having repairs or inspections of equipment
- Participating in rotation of work duties, in order to develop the competence within the shift team
- Manage a budget according to role
Apply by filling out the application form.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
- High school diploma or other relevant education
- A couple of years of experience from manufacturing, where you have successfully worked with tasks described in the key responsibilities
- If you have worked in the process industry (battery/pulp and paper/food/chemicals/microelectronics/oil & gas/pharmaceutical processing or similar) including safety procedures, that is a merit
- Experience from leading others
- Knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing
- Good understanding of importance of safety and quality and the ability to make others understand and act according to this importance
- Good English both written and oral skills, basic Swedish and other languages skills is seen as a plus
- Good communication skills as you will work in close collaboration with many different teams
- High work ethic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Qualities that we cherish in all Northvolt employees are flexibility, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges and grit. In the team you will find passionate and purpose driven colleagues who all work for a more sustainable future.
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
The future needs high-quality, green batteries. And it needs lots of them.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!