OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for several passionate Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers who are excited about technology and innovative ways of working and want to be a part of shaping the future of IKEA!
As a person you have a proven ability to develop high quality code using and applying good practices. You have a curious nature and actively acquire new knowledge, skills, champion new methods, digital systems and processes to improve performance. Doing so, will enable you to change direction based on new ideas, approaches and strategies. You will be empowered to work agile and continuous improvements within the software engineering function. By encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership, accountability makes you easy to collaborate with others to achieve our common goals.
To be successful as a Software Engineer you have advanced training in computer science or similar experience through keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise. In addition you have demonstrable experience in working in an Agile and DevOps working set-up. You get energized by delivering high quality software in an agile environment.
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website www.ikea.com
As Software Engineer, your main responsibilities will include:
- being responsible for the development of high quality (software) code which has been tested and is ready to be shipped
- working in agile teams in across the capability areas, contributing to the development and maintenance of products and solutions
- applying and adhere to good practice software engineering practices (e.g. DRY principles, TDD and BDD, continuous integration, automated tests, pair programming, code reviews) within an agile/iterative development approach
- providing support and guidance as needed to other developers within the development team encouraging good practices
- contributing to the continuous development of standards against which software development should take place as well as exploring and bring in new technologies to boost innovation and development productivity
- working closely together with other software engineers and cross functions to produce all required design specifications and ensure that digital solutions work together and fulfil business needs.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
At Group Digital, we set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast-moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace. At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.
These positions are located in Malmö, Helsingborg and Älmhult.