Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Project Manager to join our stellar team in Stockholm/Västerås.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in developing a new generation of large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society, and this is your opportunity to take part in leading those efforts and help drive us to success.
To deliver on Northvolt’s vision and bold expansion plans we have established the Blueprint team. The team’s mission is to deliver a digital factory blueprint of a scalable, rapidly deployable, highly efficient world class battery factory. It constitutes a comprehensive solution with guidelines and tools needed for establishment of the factory spanning process, equipment, materials, facility, utilities and people.
Blueprint is a highly strategic but also execution oriented and cross functional team which aids Northvolt in our mission to enable the future of energy. In this role we are searching for a Project Manager that will work cross-functionally together with other teams to develop and maintain the operational blueprint, one of the key building blocks of a large-scale battery factory.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Co-develop and design of the Northvolt Production System based on lean principles and TPM concept
- Coordinate development of standards and ways of working, including implementation and roll-out
- Collaborate with the factory organisation to ensure continuous improvements of our operational processes
- Gather and develop operational requirements as a basis for the design process
- Manage the timeline of operational blueprint upgrades
We believe that you are goal oriented person that is curious and eager to learn. You like to work in a fast pace environment and have a collaborative and energetic approach to engage cross functional team. Furthermore, our organisation requires and values great self-discipline and a talent to make things happen.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile. We look forward to hearing from you!
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
- A relevant university degree (B.Sc. / M.Sc. or similar). Engineering degree preferred
- At least 3+ years project manager experience
- Manufacturing experience, preferably from automotive, battery or other relevant industry
- Valuable to have worked in multi-cultural environment
- Fluency in English
- Have experience of working with the lean framework in a manufacturing environment
- Have a general understanding of all key functions of an industrial organization whilst possessing an analytical skillset to allow you to dive into details
- Able to challenge experts in their own field by establishing a solid fact base & apply logical reasoning
- You need to possess leadership qualities and ability to build trust and motivation with key stakeholders to ensure implementation of initiatives
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.