OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Skilled System Safety engineer and interested in developing the next generation of submarines and surface ships? Then this is a unique opportunity to join the crew!
As a System Safety Engineer, you will have an important role in the development of Saab Kockums' product portfolio, both submarines and surface ships, in order to make sure that they are safe to use, maintain and decommission. Our work cover analyses for the entirety of the product during the full Product Life Cycle and includes hardware, software, system user interaction, as well as inter-system interaction and integration.
You will have challenging tasks and at the same time an opportunity to create a broad network of contacts, providing insight into several areas such as mechanics, electronics, HMI (Human-Machine Interface) development, ship arrangement etc.
* Identification, analysis and minimization of risks in the functions, onboard systems, and arrangement in order to prevent potential accidents with damage to person, platform, or external environment.
* Follow-up and implementation of risk mitigating actions on affected systems and arrangement
* Participating in development of Safety Statements for our products
* Follow-up and implementation of safety related regulations and standards on the onboard systems and arrangement
You will work from one of our centrally located and coastal offices in Malmö or Karlskrona. The work may involve some business travel, both within Sweden and abroad.
As a System Safety Engineer, your role is to not compromise on quality and to pay attention to risks. Do you possess the art of delivering tough messages and getting people onboard?
We are looking for a safety professional who is curious, outgoing and find it easy to understand technical systems and what makes the systems tick! Since the role include Since the role includes a large degree of interaction and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders you need to be able to build and develop long term relationships as well as being able to work with various kind of people at all levels.
* Relevant Engineering degree (Risk/Safety, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical etc.) or similar, alternatively several years of experience in the Safety field.
* Knowledge of Safety analysis methodology such as HAZOP, FMEA, Bow-tie and Energy Analysis
* Excellent knowledge in the Microsoft Office suite
* Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written
* Previous Safety experience
* Experience/knowledge from Naval ships/Shipbuilding, Automotive, Nuclear or Oil & Gas
* Knowledge of Human Factors Engineering
* Knowledge of Functional Safety
* Knowledge of Environmental Risk Management
* Experience in handling safety regulations and standards
* Knowledge in requirement management tools such as DOORS or similar
* Knowledge in Software Safety
This position require that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
What you will be a part of
With us at Saab Kockums, you get the chance to be involved and influence that the products we develop are safe, from both a user and an environmental perspective. You will be part of various interdisciplinary project groups, whose goal is to broaden and develop our leading edge technology within the shipbuilding area. The team consists of engineers with various backgrounds that will support you in the daily operation within our projects. You will collaborate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth.
Business Area Kockums
Inside our leading naval factory
The Next Generation Corvette
Saab is a fantastic company to grow and develop in! We know diversity makes us better! As we work for an even gender distribution, we are happy to see female applicants for this position. Sometimes you have to work hard and put in an extra gear, but at Saab we also promote work life balance!
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here.
Last application date is 22nd of November, however kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Your application may be in Swedish or English.
Questions about the job? Don´t hesitate to contact;
Niklas Lillevars Sommer, recruiting manager +46 734 18 87 57 or
Charlotta Lundblad, HR Specialist Recruitment +46 734 34 12 74.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal - to help protect people.