We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
We are looking for a Verification & Validation Engineer in Stockholm, Sweden.
Purpose of the role
As a Verification & Validation engineer you will take part to major deployment projects by leading, organizing and performing the verification, integration and test activities of a Signalling project, that can be either an adaptation of a generic Alstom solution or a vertical solution ranging from product development to project implementation, fitting the client’s needs in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery.
• Define the Project Verification and Validation strategy in the V&V Plan, to ensure proper coverage and demonstration that customer and design requirements are met. Collect the contributions of all involved stakeholders (e.g. Test & Commissioning).
• Define and agree V&V activity schedule.
• Share with Project Engineering Manager and Project Safety Assurance Manager the V&V strategy defined to deliver a validated solution and agree on requested budget and schedule of inputs and deliverables.
• Ensure the application and adherence to internal processes and applicable norms, methods & tools, requesting deviations whenever appropriate.
o work packages or tasks.
o the Project Verification & Validation Team - ensuring/controlling their deliverables for the project.
o full verification and validation of all configured functions, together with parameters and data produced on the project.
• Define needs, architecture and follow-up implementation of testbenches and analysis tools.
• Stakeholder management (i.e. to provide overview of Test strategy, progress, issues, risks and opportunities to customers, partners and auditors).
• Possess a university degree in Engineering or equivalent (B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent).
• Proven record of relevant experience or cross-functional knowledge required in a similar role (i.e. directly linked to the requirements of the position/role).
• Desirable experience with: systems / sub-systems integration, embedded equipment, electrotechnical product development) in a highly complex and normative environment (railway signalling, aerospace, defense, nuclear).
• Engineering and system background.
• Good analytical skills and previous experience in test & integration are required.
• English at a fluent level is mandatory for this role.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.