Are you a video editor who wants to make the world a better place, who is not content to work for yet another company the world doesn't need?
At Diet Doctor, we are a health company that aims to empower people everywhere to dramatically improve their health. We focus on lifestyle interventions - not medication or surgery.
What are the important components of a healthy lifestyle for those with obesity or type 2 diabetes? How can people implement this lifestyle in a sustainable way?
Currently, no major health organization in the world has an effective answer. We aim to change that.
- We've been profitable for years, are self-funded, and have no VC investment. Instead, our employees are invited to become co-owners via our employee-stock-offering plan.
- We're the largest keto and low-carb site in the world.
- We’re fully funded by our members, which means we don't need to show any ads or sell any physical products.
- We attract about 9 million monthly visits, have 80,000+ paying members, and 50+ employees (from 20+ different nationalities).
- We're the top-ranked nutrition website in the world on Trustpilot (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dietdoctor.com) and have strong Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Diet-Doctor-Reviews-E2389502.htm) ratings.
At Diet Doctor, we aim to always align our work with our four company values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration, and goodness.
Our goal is to make the world a better place by empowering people everywhere to dramatically improve their health.
We believe building a team of top performers - who live by our values and get great things done fast - will significantly increase our ability to make rapid progress toward our purpose.
That’s why we're passionate about building a world-class team. Few things in life are as exciting and rewarding as working toward meaningful change alongside other like-minded people.
For Diet Doctor to take the next step on its journey we are seeking an experienced and driven Video Editor to join our video team in Stockholm. You’ll collaborate closely with the editorial, design, and UX teams to ensure that our video products are amazing, and executed in the most effective and efficient manner possible. You must be well-versed in editing a wide variety of content and understand how social platforms work within an overall marketing campaign (SEO, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, etc.). Experience with motion graphics is a must.
What you'll do
- Edit compelling educational videos to help our visitors learn how to eat healthily
- Create agile and attractive video snippets for social media
- Propose new formats that Diet Doctor could produce and execute them to a high standard that aligns with our tone and voice
- Proactively identify edit inefficiencies and challenges, and work collaboratively to implement solutions within the team
- Make sure assets are aligned with all technical constraints and regulations
- Give creative feedback
What's in it for you?
- Meaningful work: The opportunity to shape an in-house agency at Diet Doctor. We’re expanding our creative team in Stockholm. As a Video Editor your working style and competencies will make a big impact on how other editors handle projects.
- Meaningful relationships: Be part of a driven, ambitious, yet kind culture filled with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize our teams' happiness by keeping track of employee satisfaction (Officevibe), using a minimalist workflow process (Trello), minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work time.
- Rapid growth: We'll give you opportunities to make impactful decisions, while also providing the support you need to do great things and learn fast. We encourage growth and the company will cover the cost of courses or conferences you want to attend.
- Great compensation: We offer a competitive salary, overtime pay, office bonuses, and the opportunity to own a meaningful part of the company through our employee-stock-offering plan (no vesting period, and you're able to keep the shares as long as you want). Additionally, we provide relocation and visa support, free courses and books, free dinner if working late, and access to our company apartment in central Stockholm.
Who you are
- A creative person with 5+ years of experience working in video editing
- Well versed in video editing software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, and After Effects)
- You have experience in all stages of video production
- You are a team player and able to work autonomously with a high level of responsibility
- You know how to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- You have experience in creating content for digital media/websites
- You understand what it takes to create engaging videos that win on SEO
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Applications will be continuously reviewed.
This is a full-time position, working primarily from our beautiful and airy headquarters in Stockholm, at Vasagatan 40, just opposite the Central Station. (Please note: due to COVID, most of us currently work from home. If you have antibodies and feel comfortable, please work from the office. Some of us do.)