OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Do you want to create characters and craft stories that entertain millions? Do you want to write dialog and other content that makes characters come alive with desires, fears and motivations? Do you want to work on a world famous action franchise, with a passionate fan community that stretches to almost every corner of the globe?
We’re looking for a writer to join our award-winning team in Stockholm. As a writer at Starbreeze, you’ll be working closely with fellow writers, narrative designers, artists, VO designers, cinematic producers and other colleagues to make the world and characters in our games shine.
At Starbreeze we have a rich development history including titles like Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, The Darkness, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, PAYDAY: The Heist and PAYDAY 2. Our goals for the future remain ambitious as we continue to produce new content for PAYDAY 2 while also working on the upcoming PAYDAY 3 and looking towards new projects beyond.
We’re a diverse workplace where in our day-to-day work we place emphasis on respect, collaboration and professionalism. Benefits include a generous vacation allowance and a private pension plan.
We hope that you’ll want to join us on our exciting journey into a bright future!
- Write character dialog and other in-game VO
- Create detailed bios for major and minor characters
- Create detailed level narratives from a starting point in high level narrative briefs
- Write item descriptions and other narrative text content
- Create any other narrative content as needed
- Write and review interface text
- Research any relevant topics as required to ensure quality of gameworld and narrative
- Collaborate with level designers, VO designers and others to ensure that all narrative content aligns well with the game fantasy, gameplay etc, and serves the needs of the product as a whole
- Assist in and feedback on narrative design as needed
- Show initiative and be a champion for good storytelling
- Write scripts for in-game and marketing cinematics as needed
- Occasionally write text for marketing and website content as needed
- Diploma of college-level studies in screenwriting, game writing, literary writing or filmmaking or any other relevant writing career
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in writing fiction in any medium
- Basic understanding of game development processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in a cross-discipline team
- Ability to collaborate, provide constructive feedback, and contribute to a positive team culture
- Ability to take responsibility for assigned tasks and deliver content on time
- Ability to write within an established franchise with existing characters and lore, adopting its tone and style while adding to it with original new content
- Creativity, curiosity and a genuine interest in games as a medium for storytelling
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a company where we value empowerment, agility and ownership. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your resume and meet you!
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume and portfolio in English. All applications must include a portfolio to be considered.
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget
0704 0704 34