OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.Scania´s Product and Interaction Design department, RCD, consists of five groups: industrial Design, Interaction Design, Model Makers, Digital Models and Ergonomics Design, which performs a central role in the creation of Scania´s future portfolio of products.
RCD’s vision is to create: The most captivating product & brand experience in the sustainable transport system.
RCD’s mission is: We design premium product experiences with a user-centric and holistic approach, thereby positioning Scania as the obvious partner in and beyond The Shift.
• We embody brand spirit by incorporating usability and product expression into premium operational products and services
• We create & communicate progressive concepts that engage, inspire and facilitate technology leaps.
• We challenge our state-of-the-art competence through external input and research.
All with customer profitability, brand equity and the shift towards a sustainable transport system at aim.
With a broad portfolio of projects related to a more sustainable and digital future, we are now looking for a new Head of Ergonomics Design to lead a group of ergonomics and usability experts in a very interesting future.
Scania RCD is part of the TRATON Industrial Operations including development centres in Sweden, Munich, Chicago and South America.
What you will do
As a 1st Line manager for Ergonomics Design in RCD Product & Interaction Design, you will be at the core of cross-functional design development collaborating in the Sections VCT flows:
• Industrial Design Interior
• Industrial Design Exterior
• Interaction Design
• Design Differentiation
• Enabling VCT capabilities ergonomics, design layout and user insight.
Your job will be to serve as a forceful leader of a team of experts in ergonomics and usability by providing direction and creating opportunities for personnel and usability-area growth. Your skills for networking and finding paths in a big organisation will be essential to RCD’s t to deliver holistic design solutions for the sustainable transport system.
The teams’ deliverables are primarily:
• Ergonomic guidelines and advice for Industrial Design development flow
• Ergonomic guidelines and advice on Engineering flow
• Create future usability visions for upcoming products
• Represent the “Drivers’ Voice” in the Scania Development process
• Usability and User Insight Reports
• Conduct Usability Tests on physical and digital models
• Physical Vehicle Ergonomics evaluations
• Competitive comparison
• RAMSIS analysis
• Visibility analysis
• Provide legislative input to General Safety Regulation
• Collaborate cross-brand within TRATON i.e. MAN, Navistar, VW Truck & Bus
Personal skills for success in the role of RCD Design Project Leader:
• Decisiveness in unclear and highly creative or complex environments
• Communication and negotiation skills between “right brain and left brain people” including seeing the different types of professional styles. Preferably experience from similar environments.
• Curiosity and interest in RCD’s different competencies and the less measurable values created by the design department
• Enjoy the ride mindset and like to create order into creative chaos
• Goal-oriented and sense of urgency
What we offer
As a Scania employee, you are offered several benefits in addition to personal and professional development opportunities. These benefits include a mutual bonus, company car, occupational pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices, electric car charging and much more. Our head office is located in Södertälje but we also work partly remote. If you live in Stockholm, we offer direct bus service between Stockholm and Södertälje, Scania Job Express.
For additional information please contact Linda Meiby, Senior Manager, +46 8 553 53671
Apply as soon as possible, since screening and interviews will be done continuously.
Please submit your CV, personal letter and copies of your certificate at the latest 11 December 2022.
A background check might be conducted for this position.
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions. Together with our partners and customers we are driving the shift towards a sustainable transport system. In 2020, we delivered 66,900 trucks, 5,200 buses as well as 11,000 industrial and marine power systems to our customers. Net sales totalled to over SEK 125 billion, of which over 20 percent were services-related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 50,000 people. Research and development are mainly concentrated in Sweden. Production takes place in Europe and Latin America with regional product centres in Africa, Asia and Eurasia. Scania is part of TRATON GROUP. For more information visit: www.scania.com.