OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
We are looking for a motivational and research-oriented manager to lead our department.
The Human-centred Digitalization Department comprises highly experienced researchers within cognitive psychology, organisational psychology, human-machine interaction and Human Factors. The department has an applied focus and seeks to enable organisations and the industry to exploit the full potential of emerging technologies by exploring and studying how this best fit with the organization and the individuals in it.
A substantial part of the research activities addresses how human-, technology-, and organisational factors contribute to safety and performance within different domains and areas, such as e.g., energy, transport, and smart cities. A large part of the projects is conducted within the international Halden Human-Technology-Organisation Project focusing on nuclear safety and human performance. We also have projects funded by e.g., the Norwegian Research Council, as well as projects conducted directly for national and international industry partners.
Some of the questions we seek to address in our research are:
- How do humans interact safely and efficiently with increasingly intelligent and advanced technologies?
- How can people be best enabled to perform and thrive in digital organizations and larger socio-technical systems?
- How can emerging technologies be used to innovate work processes, methods, and service delivery?
The research manager's role involves developing and managing the department and creating an inspiring environment where the best minds can thrive. The research manager reports to a research director and participates in the division management team. Candidates should be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to build strong relationships throughout the organisation. In addition to leading the department, you are expected to participate in or lead projects and conduct your own research.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and deliver high-quality research projects as project owner
- Develop and execute strategic plans for the department
- Responsibility for professional development of the employees
- Responsible for the department research capabilities and recruitment
- Ensure and manage utilisation of resources
- Financial and personnel responsibility for the department
- Conduct research (write proposals and papers, conduct research work)
- Initiate, head up and contribute to research proposals and sales initiatives
- Ensure visibility and market the department capabilities internally and externally
- Develop necessary capacity and competence to meet customer needs
- Contribute to a positive economy for IFE
- Strive for a unified division strategy
- Facilitate interdisciplinary projects across our organisation
- Education level: PhD, M.Sc.
- Research experience that aligns with the department's research competence and focus
- Experience from leadership roles in research-based organisations
- Track record of writing research applications and successfully leading projects
- Experience from industry contact, marketing and selling projects
- Fluency in English oral and written
- A motivational leader. Leadership through motivation, delegation and empowering
- Team player that brings out the best in our people
- Customer and sales oriented with an understanding for customer needs
- Results oriented with an ability to deliver on expectations Ability to find innovative solutions
- An exciting management position within applied research
- A stimulating work environment with skilful, experienced, and creative colleagues
- A job where applied research is put to practical use
- Challenging research projects based on industry applications
- Plentiful opportunities for collaboration with ongoing projects in other research groups
- Well-established national and international scientific and industrial networks
- Competitive salary (subject to qualifications)
- A large degree of autonomy and flexible working hours
We place great emphasis on your personal suitability for the position. IFE is subject to the National Security Act, and the candidate must be able to pass a background check and must be able to obtain security clearance and authorization.
The Institute for Energy Technology (IFE) is an independent research foundation in Norway, with locations in Kjeller and Halden. Our vision is to be an 'international leading research environment that actively develops innovative solutions through people and technology'. We have roughly 650 employees, with annual sales of approximately 1 billion NOK. IFE is a broad multi-disciplinary research organisation, with international top-level expertise in the fields of digital technologies, material and process technology, flow and analysis technologies, radiopharmaceutical technology and nuclear technology. Our mission is 'Research for a better future'. We develop innovative technological solutions for both industry and public sector in more than 30 countries, and host the International OECD Halden Reactor Project. www.ife.no