OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Modis Life Science is looking for Senior Scientists within the stem & primary cell group for a consulting assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. Please note that this is a consulting assignment and you will be hired by Modis. The assignment will start in january 2021 and initially run for 12 months. Send your application as soon as possible!
About the assignment
We have an exciting opportunity for 3 scientists to join Discovery Sciences´ Stem and Primary Cell Group. The roles will be focused on target innovation and hypothesis validation using NGS, cell based assays and PGE editing to support target identification and validation for projects across several therapy areas at AstraZeneca.
You will be based in Gothenburg Sweden, working alongside our stem cell scientists, disease areas specialists and together with our NGS and PGE team. Using your strong knowledge and experience in cell-based assay development and/or NGS and CRISPR technology you will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge cellular models of disease. This includes culture and differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) as a platform for developing disease relevant cellular models to validate target hypothesis.
The role is focused on laboratory-based activities. Your biggest impact will be through significant contributions to the practical delivery to projects in compliance with AstraZeneca corporate responsibility, policies and relevant safety standards.
It is essential to have good social and communication skills, be collaborative and a strong team player. Candidates should be able to work independently, take own initiatives and have a positive, goal oriented and problem-solving attitude.
Good organizational, data management and documentation skills are required, and you should be comfortable in presenting your results. English language is required, both spoken and in writing.
Expertise in one or more of the following areas is essential:
• Experience in cellular assay development, independently designing, developing and validating assays for implementation in drug discovery
• Experience in iPSC culture and quality control
• Application of differentiation protocols for generation of complex stem-cell based cell models
• Hands on expertise in data generation from Next Generation Sequencing technologies (e.g. RNA-seq, DNA-seq, single cell transcriptomics, nucleic acid extractions and sequencing library preparation)
• Expertise in cell biology, molecular biology and genome editing
The following skills are highly desirable:
• Expertise with liquid handling automation technologies
• Experience of high throughput transcriptomics methods
• Experience of setting up cell based pharmacological assays
You should hold a B.Sc., M.Sc. or Ph.D. with corresponding experience in a relevant scientific discipline with experience in cell assay development.
For the Senior Research Scientist role, you should either hold a Ph.D. in Cellular Biology or a related degree or have significant relevant experience working with cell assay development.
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget
Business Manager Per Gullbransson
Business Manager Fredrik Ström
Business Manager Behija Jusufovic
Business Manager Engineering Behija Jusufovic
Helena Svartz Österlund
Sourcer IT Oscar Ericson
Rekryteringsansvarig Duaa Bastawy
Rekryteringsansvarig Duaa Bastawy