About Heart Aerospace
Heart’s mission is to create the fastest, most affordable and sustainable mode of transport for regional travel. Our goal is to serve the market in every corner of the world
Our first aircraft is the ES-19, a nineteen-passenger airliner with an operating range of 400 km. The ES-19 is a fully electric aircraft, and our goal is to have the aircraft certified for commercial operation by 2026.
Your place of work will be at our main office and hangar facility. This is located on Säve Flygplats in Gothenburg, Sweden. Relocation assistance can be provided.
At Heart you’ll be working at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. We offer stock options to all our employees and a challenging and inspiring work environment.
We seek experienced and skilled engineers to join a small, fast moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team.
Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together.
The ES-19 aircraft is a new, all-electric aircraft for regional air transportation. We are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Installation Design Engineer to help us design and develop the aircraft mechanical and utility systems. It is anticipated that the mechanical systems will be electrically controlled and actuated, eliminating the need for hydraulic systems This will be a broad role covering design, analysis and testing. Applicants will be working with a team of aircraft design, aerodynamics, systems, powertrain and external loads disciplines to develop the preliminary structural design of the aircraft.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead on developing the CAD models defining the preliminary design and installation of the aircraft mechanical systems, components and routing throughout the aircraft to support development of the master aircraft configuration.
- Work with all disciplines across aerodynamics, external loads, design, stress, interiors, systems, propulsion and powertrain to ensure a minimum weight and cost aircraft design that meets schedule.
- Using past program experience, require little to no guidance to optimize aircraft mechanical and electrical components installation, volume management, and routing in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Support trade studies on various configurations to support the aircraft Systems Readiness Review, Preliminary Design Review and manufacturing optimization.
- Maintain a rigorous configuration control system.
- Ensure achievement of systems installation and maintainability requirements.
- Maintain technical knowledge and awareness of developments related to aircraft mechanical systems and related airworthiness regulations.
- Prepare reports and presentations as needed to document and communicate work.
- Report technical risks, issues and opportunities up through functional management.
Skills and Requirements
- Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical/Electronics Engineering from an accredited university.
- Proficiency in CAD software such as Catia v5 or NX with good knowledge and experiences in geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T).
- Minimum 10 years experience with at least two aircraft mechanical systems (ATA 21, 26, 30, 32 & 35) such as Environmental Control (ECS), Cabin Pressurization (CPCS), Ice and Rain Protection (IRPS), Oxygen System, Landing Gear Systems, Door systems.
- Good understanding of systems requirements and separation / segregation of systems routing.
- Experience with aircraft electrical power system certification (EASA/FAA Part 23 or 25).
- Working knowledge of Airborne hardware and software development assurance processes (RTCA DO-178 & 254).
- A high level of proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working on large collaborative projects and eagerness to work with others.
- A passion for aircraft and Heart’s mission.
The Ideal Candidate Would Have
- Significant aircraft conceptual and preliminary design experience on a CS-23 or regional aircraft program at a leading OEM or start-up.
- Practical experience in a test rig or iron-bird environment: Assembly, fabrication / modification, instrumentation, wiring; Instrumentation and data acquisition; LabView programming; Mechanical System integration testing at system and aircraft level.
- Working knowledge of systems engineering principles for safety critical systems (SAE ARP 4754 / 4761).
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software experience with TeamCenter.
- Proficiency coordinating activities of engineers in partner supplier companies.
Heart Aerospace is a Swedish startup making electric regional airplanes. Heart's mission is to create the fastest, most affordable and sustainable transportation for regional travel to every corner of the world. Our first aircraft is the ES-19, a nineteen-passenger airliner with an operating range of 400 km. Our goal is to have the aircraft certified for commercial operation by 2026.