OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
We are now looking to recruit a versatile R&D Manager for AstaReal AB.
As R&D Manager, you are ultimately responsible for R&D, Quality and Regulatory and you are an important part of the company's work with product and process development. Together with your team, you develop, verify and validate new and existing products and processes. Your personal focus is benefits of our products on human and animal health. You work to identify new possible products and increase knowledge about these and support AstaReal AB's organization with technical expertise. You will have the opportunity to develop new ingredient solutions for food supplements, food, animal nutrition and cosmetics.
As an R&D manager, you will work with identifying suitable projects and, in accordance with the company's goals, initiating and conducting research and development projects internally or in collaboration with external partners. and is at the forefront of development, that we work smart and efficiently and create the greatest possible customer satisfaction.A very important task is also to participate and support the sales and marketing department in various customer meetings and presentations.
AstaReal AB was the first company in the world to commercially produce natural astaxanthin from microalgae. Astaxanthin is nature's most powerful antioxidant and AstaReal AB continues to lead the way in the production and innovation of natural astaxanthin which is used be leading food supplement and cosmetic brands around the world. Produced in Sweden and marketed under the AstaReal® brand, AstaReal AB produces natural astaxanthin products that exceed market standards.
You work at the interface between R&D, Quality, Marketing and Production with projects and line operations. A recipe for success is to, in teams, develop new ideas and approaches that can be put into practice and that lead to results in the market globally.You work in a large network, both internally and externally, and it is important that you are easy to collaborate, build relationships and share knowledge and results in a target group-adapted way, both in Swedish and English; to translate theory into practice and to describe practical problems in theoretical terms.You will work with developing solutions based on customer and business needs and scientific and technical perspectives. Functioning as a technical liaison with manufacturing, regulatory, quality and sales and marketing. You will encourage broad collaboration and experimentation in the organization to create new products to drive sales.You will utilize your extensive project and research program management experiencea collaborative work style. Experience with clinical research, regulatory aspects of new ingredient approval and patent applications are a plus.It is desirable but not a must if you have a proven track record of success in R&D and commercialization of supplement formulations in a fast-paced environment.
* Lead, coordinate and prioritize projects within the department
* Nutrition, trend and product reconnaissance through trade fair visits, supplier and customer visits and scientific meetings.
* Identifies, evaluates and selects new ingredients, development alternatives, trends and technologies within our focus areas (Food, cosmetics, animal feed and dietary supplements)
* Identify and develop external development partners, subcontractors and customs producers
* Provide technical support to the organization and externally
* Represent the company in relevant reference or steering groups for research programs or similar
* Support R&D projects at group level, participate in group-wide meetings and share technical information and "best practice"
* Support Sales and Marketing in different customer meetings as a technical and scientific expert.
* PhD in nutrition / biology / medical science
* Driving and enterprising
* Be able to build networks and collaborations
* Accustomed to presenting data and being able to adapt to the target group
* Interested in marketing
* Preferably experience from the food or dietary supplement market
* Good presentation skills